Chain,how many links????

10 replies to this topic
  • toofast2

Posted March 16, 2007 - 05:13 AM

OK Guy's,I'm going to buy a new chain,I'm taking Gray's advice:worthy: and
purchasing a Regina 520 ORN-6,Dennis Kirk sells them for $91 for a 114 link.
my QUESTION is:how many links on a stock "06" YZF 450..(13t front/49t rear)
I believe it is 114 link but want to confirm on this :applause: website THX ED
P.S. $91 can I do better??:eek:

• King_Air

Posted March 16, 2007 - 05:22 AM

I can't say about your length, 114 is common. Price wise right here on thumper talk they are $73.13. Thats a much better price than $91.

• CaseyWR450

Posted March 16, 2007 - 05:27 AM

I can't say about your length, 114 is common. Price wise right here on thumper talk they are $73.13. Thats a much better price than $91.

Yes, Dennis Kirk charges alot. I order from Rockymountain and motosport.

• Ga426owner

Posted March 16, 2007 - 07:02 AM

the links are determined by the sprocket sizes you will use....I never buy a precut from std 120link chain. I cut mine for the size sprockets I have....I have a few new chains that were too short at 114links.....this will make the rear wheel way too close to the front of the swingarm...negatively affecting riding.

• grayracer513

Posted March 16, 2007 - 08:11 AM

$91 is way too much. Tell Dennis to have a nice day, won't you? Buy from TT.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yamahafan

Posted March 16, 2007 - 08:27 AM

I bought the ORN-6 with my new Ironman 49/14. After taking 6 links out (120-114) the rear axle was almost perfectly in the center of the adjustment window. Based on Gray's experience, don't count on the ORN-6 stretching much.

There is a great suspension article in the current issue of Motocross Action by Bones Bacon (Pro Circuit) where he talks about the impact of rear axle position on suspension, unfortunately I left it at home. If I remember correctly, the farther back you have the rear axle the more leverage you have on the rear shock and the softer it feels.

• LeadDoggy

Posted March 16, 2007 - 08:37 AM

$91 is way too much. Tell Dennis to have a nice day, won't you? Buy from TT.

don't tell on TT that you are purchasing parts from other places :applause:

• toofast2

Posted March 16, 2007 - 10:08 AM

OK,me bad,I only buy from "Those places",because they do COD as I don't
have a credit card,and don't do Paypal.

• grayracer513

Posted March 16, 2007 - 01:05 PM

You're paying a premium for that. I don't buy everything here, necessarily, although I certainly prefer to, but the price you quoted is $25 too high.

• Butta

Posted March 17, 2007 - 10:23 PM

You're paying a premium for that. I don't buy everything here, necessarily, although I certainly prefer to, but the price you quoted is $25 too high.

Once again, I agree with Gray.....

And for $25, I think you should call TT and find another way to pay them in place of a credit card, 'cause you won't find any better service than from the TT store........

• toofast2

Posted March 18, 2007 - 04:47 AM

Thanks,the $91 quote was for the ORS chain,for the ORN its $77,TT wants
$73,yes I would definitely get it from TT,but I guess I would have to send them a check,and wait for it to clear before they deliver it...THX ED...P.S. Quad Avatar will be removed when I get similar pic on 2 wheels!..plus its still a 450 yamaha!!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.