07 xr650l Brake Light problem

6 replies to this topic
  • stuntrider7x

Posted March 15, 2007 - 08:02 PM

Hi, on my 07 xr650l when you step on the rear brake the brake light lights up like it should but when i pull my front brake lever it makes the clicking noise from the switch but the brake light does not light up, has anyone ever had this problem Thanks!!!

• zook350

Posted March 15, 2007 - 09:19 PM

sounds like you have a bad switch, follow the wires from the switch to the connector and make sure it's plugged in. you can test the switch with an ohmmeter or you can short the two wires together and the light should come on.

• TDC71

Posted March 16, 2007 - 07:10 AM

I'd say let the dealer mess with it unless its an inconvenience.Your bike should be under warranty.
Todd

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • squatpuke

Posted March 16, 2007 - 10:59 AM

I'd say let the dealer mess with it unless its an inconvenience.Your bike should be under warranty.
Todd

agree

• stuntrider7x

Posted March 16, 2007 - 06:09 PM

Thanks for the help!!!

• Davexr650L

Posted January 16, 2015 - 02:15 AM

Soo, what was the outcome of the frint brake issue? I just installed a smaller rear light, foot pedal works for brake light, but hand lever doesn't! When I get home im gonna check fuse because as I recall, there was no side stand light on dash after install n I think they all go to same fuse, I just don't want to replace the switch if not needed

• brianhare

Posted January 16, 2015 - 06:19 AM

take the 2 wires from the switch,cross them with the key on,,if the brake light lights up you need a switch,,if not look further..

B

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.