pro moto silent insert

7 replies to this topic
  • maracas

Posted March 15, 2007 - 09:01 AM

hi , i made all the free mods , and also bought the Pro Moto Billet Silent Insert
but im wondering how my bike (WR450 06) will perform better.

Removing the stock silent insert and leave it as is ( no insert)
Removing the Stock Insert and placing the Pro Moto Billet?

Where i live in Mexico there are no probem with the noise.

my question are if the pro moto billet silent insert make the bike work better than NO INSERT or it is just to release a bit the stock insert performance with a reduced noise?

• maracas

Posted March 15, 2007 - 07:14 PM

• resinlips

Posted March 15, 2007 - 07:37 PM

I've ridden with no insert and the gytr. I could'nt tell the difference in power, only noise.

• ADVnaut

Posted March 19, 2007 - 07:39 PM

It would probably be minute, but the dynamics of the air exiting will be better with the design of the PMB. It is funnel shaped on the end and acts as a venturi as the air flows as opposed hitting the flat opening of the exhaust causing a lot of turbulence and reduced flow. But as I said, your seat Dyno will probably not detect it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kmalec

Posted March 20, 2007 - 02:32 AM

I have the pro moto billet, its fine, nice improvement and safer. Mine is street legal, so I kind of had to have it.

• JaysDirtyRide

Posted March 20, 2007 - 02:26 PM

I have the PMB insert. It's louder than stock but still pretty quiet.

Combined with the other standard de-restriction changes and jetting changes...the bike is smooth, strong, and steady. No surging or popping on deceleration.

It's only $60 so it won't dent the wallet too much.

• Chuck_Nelson

Posted March 20, 2007 - 04:14 PM

I have the PMB as well. Not too much louder and not that much more power either. Although I did go down to a 48 tooth rear sprocket at the same time.

• VFR000M

Posted March 20, 2007 - 04:35 PM

Depending on the jetting, you could leave the insert or remove it all together. It just depends having the right amount of back pressure in ratio to the fuel and air.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.