Tweaked Subframe on 1999 WR400

3 replies to this topic
  • SFDemo

Posted March 15, 2007 - 03:44 AM

Hi,
I recently bought a clean, street legal WR400. It runs great, starts easy and is a good bike, but I noticed the fender was tweaked a little and the FMF Megamax has melted the numberplate on that side. This is the newest bike I've owned in forever, and the first one with a removable rear subframe.

So, I have a few questions.:applause:

How difficult is it to put things straight?:lol:

Is it better to disassemble, or can it be done on the bike?

To heat, or not to heat?

What is the best way to insure it is straight?:eek:

Mechanically, I don't expect it to be difficult, the devil is in the details.

• ncampion

Posted March 15, 2007 - 07:01 AM

Get a new subframe, check ebay or aftermarket. difficult to straighten.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SFDemo

Posted March 17, 2007 - 05:10 AM

What years and models will have a subframe that will work in addition to the standard year? Will the YZ/WR 426 models fits?

• SXP

Posted March 17, 2007 - 07:59 PM

What years and models will have a subframe that will work in addition to the standard year? Will the YZ/WR 426 models fits?

I believe up to 02. However, the YZ subframe will not have the tabs for the coolant recovery bottle

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.