need jetting set up help quick on an 07 wr450f

3 replies to this topic
  • steve lemley

Posted March 14, 2007 - 08:29 PM

07 wr450f Okay so I bought the TT ais removal kit thinking it came with the yz throttle stop and all the jets that the other ones came with and found out it doesent. Heres my delema. I now need jetting advice. Heres what I have done to the bike so far.

ais removal
boydson quick shot
fmf mega bomb header and fmf TI powercore exhaust

I need to know all the exact jets and carb parts to order so I can get full potential out of my mods before I put this thing all back together.

Any advice on what exact jeting set up and what to order. Thanks in advance to the jetting gods.

• JSanfilippo

Posted March 14, 2007 - 10:45 PM

Whats your elevation.

Just a shot in the dark...

170 main
48 pilot
07 YZ needle in the 3 or 4 clip position
40 leak jet w/ O-ring on ap linkage arm

Assuming you opened up the airbox you've got it pretty much set up like a YZ, browse the YZ jetting database for a baseline set up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • steve lemley

Posted March 15, 2007 - 04:44 AM

yeah the airbox and all yz mods are done. elev is so cal. 1000 to 3000ft but I do baja, kennedy meadows and high desert a lot too. Thanks guys.

• Chooch68

Posted March 15, 2007 - 08:23 PM

I just installed the GYTR 07 WR450 AIS removal/jet kit on my bike. My local dealer just got 10 kits in. Havent put the subframe back on but I'll do that tomorrow after work. Everything came in the kit. So I'll know Sunday after an enduro how it rates.
Looks like all the same stuff the last DirtBike issue had listed.

Block off plate*
Intake plug*
Air box plug*
DTR-4 Needle w/clip*
50 pilot jet
175 Main jet
110 Main air jet*
leak jet*
YZ throttle stop

*Part supplied with kit only and not available separately. (Im sure these numbers were listed in the mag)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.