What size sprocket...

15 replies to this topic
  • goose3763

Posted March 14, 2007 - 06:39 PM

I need a new, rear sprocket and I was just wondering what size it is. How many teeth is a stock, rear sprocket for a '06 YZF450. No guesses, please. Thanks.

• Baron Von Beard

Posted March 14, 2007 - 06:41 PM

Stock is 49. Why didn't you just look at your manual or count the sprocket teeth on your bike?

Answering questions for someone that is too lazy to simply look at their bike is not my cup of tea. Try to put forth some effort of your own next time.

• goose3763

Posted March 14, 2007 - 06:45 PM

Thanks, I appreciate the help, but how about you know all the facts before you go off and call me lazy. My bike happens to be in Cali right now and I am in Nevada. So counting the teeth or looking in the manual is kinda hard when you're a couple hundred miles away from the sources.

• stillsun

Posted March 14, 2007 - 06:52 PM

Also, who's to say whatever is on his bike is stock to begin with.... either answer the question or move on but posting mindless blather is a waist of time.

:applause:

J

• Jessthro

Posted March 14, 2007 - 06:57 PM

stock is 49. for track and most riding i keep it at that. i threw a 50 on for the dunes for a little extra bottom. did it help? i dunno, but in my head it did so that all that matters right. check out the WB sprockets, they look clean.

• Baron Von Beard

Posted March 14, 2007 - 06:59 PM

Also, who's to say whatever is on his bike is stock to begin with.... either answer the question or move on but posting mindless blather is a waist of time.

:eek:

J

I did answer the question, but like you said, how should I know what's on his bike?

Goose, sorry to bust your balls, but maybe next time, state the facts in the original post to avoid such a thing. Guys that have been here a while (6500+ posts) have answered question after question countless times and appreciate all the info right off the bat. We also appreciate a person doing as much research as possible on their own before asking the question. Fair enough? :applause:

• Baron Von Beard

Posted March 14, 2007 - 07:00 PM

stock is 49. for track and most riding i keep it at that. i threw a 50 on for the dunes for a little extra bottom. did it help? i dunno, but in my head it did so that all that matters right. check out the WB sprockets, they look clean.

The WB sprockets are really good. They were actually Talon Groovelites before WB renamed them.

• goose3763

Posted March 14, 2007 - 08:04 PM

Cool thanks for the help guys. Another question then, if I change the size of the rear sprocket to more or less teeth, do I, also, have to change the front sprocket size, as well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 14, 2007 - 08:11 PM

No, you don't.

Gearing is simple math. Divide the tooth count of the front into the tooth count of the rear, and you have the final drive ratio (not the overall ratio), compare different combinations to see the effect.

• jef

Posted March 15, 2007 - 08:13 PM

I love Ironman sprockets, wear guaranteed for a year - a must have for a big bore thumper if you ride on the torque side of the powerband. You wont be unhappy! IMO

• ____Kurt____

Posted March 16, 2007 - 06:55 AM

i've got Iron Man sprockets on mine and its a 51 rear not sure what front and it has somuch bottom end and top end and it still beats my friends 03 450 with stock sprockets

• Baron Von Beard

Posted March 16, 2007 - 06:08 PM

i've got Iron Man sprockets on mine and its a 51 rear not sure what front and it has somuch bottom end and top end and it still beats my friends 03 450 with stock sprockets

:applause: No Way! Are you serious!? That's so sweet!

• Pukeballs

Posted March 16, 2007 - 06:13 PM

This might help you.

Posted Image

Lol Baron^^

• ____Kurt____

Posted March 17, 2007 - 12:15 AM

:applause: No Way! Are you serious!? That's so sweet!

your mean:shocked:
lol
unless you were actually serious which i highly doubt:p

• MantecaMisfit209

Posted March 17, 2007 - 12:16 AM

maybe 52?

• Wiz636

Posted March 17, 2007 - 12:39 AM

BVB is right...there are several places that you can easily look that up.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.