question for von beard about ap timing screw

I understand what you are saying now!(finally)...well I futher understand the ap now and how it works. I can see now how this ap wiring mod works now and I believe it sure gives the 06 yz450f a wicked throttle response.... But dam I just hate to have to go through with all that timing the squirt procedure and takeing the carb off of it.... Can I just do the wiring part and change the leak jet for my 06 yz450? Because I think you said on this model yz you could. Correct me if Iam wrong. Thanks Beard!

Turn the screw out until it just peaks out of the timing tab that holds it. Hold the throttle wide opne and see if the black lever touches the screw, if it does, no need to shorten the rivet. Just wire it up, toss in a leak jet and call it good.

hey beard...did it on my kxf...noticible gain...throttle is very crisp, no low end bog at all...thankz beard:thumbsup:

With my ap screw backed out flush with the rivet, i still cant get the squirt to hit the slide. I have a quick shot on and have tried several leak jets. My understanding is that I need to get the gas to hit the slide and then adjust slightly so it doesent. However because I cant get there ,what do I need to do. Thank you for your expertise