Ideas on mounting turn signals on XR650R

13 replies to this topic
  • drop

Posted March 14, 2007 - 01:47 PM

Does anyone make brackets for sano installation of turn signals on the XRR? Front and rear.

• frogman

Posted March 14, 2007 - 01:54 PM

Baja Designs does I think.

• SMOKE

Posted March 14, 2007 - 02:39 PM

i remember seeing someone with a dual sport whom mounted them in the hand quards (they were the wrap around kind) it looked really sick... ill have to see if i can find them...

• drtlvr

Posted March 14, 2007 - 03:27 PM

I think acerbis makes a set with the blinkers in the handguards

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted March 14, 2007 - 05:19 PM

I mounted my Walmart LED signals to my hand guards. They work great and are super bright.

Posted Image

• bcone

Posted March 14, 2007 - 05:55 PM

I got these from Western Power Supply, LED lights flush mount, they stick on. So far no problems. As for the flasher unit I opted to mount flush mount 12v lights to the inside of the cowling which act as a relay. If you don't mount these in line with a light then you will need two resistors also sold through WPS :eek:
http://img148.images...sters003yb8.jpg
http://img148.images...sters004dz3.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/...090959555QQrdZ1

For the back the small stick lights work well and are low profile but break in a crash. :applause: I have also seen sport bike lights mounted onto the fender. Find them on ebay. You might also consider a licence plate holder with signals built in. Also on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/...095069242QQrdZ1

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted March 14, 2007 - 06:04 PM

Actually all you need is an electronic flasher, $8 from local electric supply. They plug right in where the old flasher was. Adding 12v bulbs or resistors defeats the purpos of going with LEDs.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bcone

Posted March 14, 2007 - 07:50 PM

True, an electronic flasher is all you need.:applause: On my XR650L I just wanted to get rid of my stock turn signals so they were spot on for the purpose.

• drop

Posted March 16, 2007 - 08:41 AM

Baja Designs does I think.

Can anyone confirm this? I can't find them on their webpage. I'd like to mount them traditionally rather than in handguards.

• hypersthenos

Posted March 16, 2007 - 09:57 AM

Baja Designs has all you need. There are a lot of options. You can mount the rear turn signals to small brackets they sell which use the bolts which hold the rear fender to the subframe or if you get their rear LED tail light assemblt you can mount them directly to it which places them more rearward. The front signals simply bolt to holes in your headlight housing or you can utilize the triple clamp bolts. The BD website has a section where you can purchase everything individually. Hope this helps.

• rdahl

Posted March 16, 2007 - 11:13 AM

I'm running some cheepos i bought at Cycle Gear. They are about the size of a bottle cap. I think they were $12. Kinda hard to see in the pic but that was what i was going for....Can't run fronts with that race light.

Posted Image

• drop

Posted March 16, 2007 - 12:48 PM

Baja Designs has all you need. There are a lot of options. You can mount the rear turn signals to small brackets they sell which use the bolts which hold the rear fender to the subframe or if you get their rear LED tail light assemblt you can mount them directly to it which places them more rearward. The front signals simply bolt to holes in your headlight housing or you can utilize the triple clamp bolts. The BD website has a section where you can purchase everything individually. Hope this helps.

Yes, that helps a lot. That's where I was wanting to mount the rear signals. I can't seem to find that page on the baja designs site though. Anyone have a link?

• focallength

Posted March 16, 2007 - 02:35 PM

This is from experience, stay away from anything that sticks out. You will have to buy new signals everytime you drop the bike. I put a couple of flush street bike signals on mine, after breaking 3 pairs of baja designs. Eveb the new street legal KTM when they tested it said they broke the stupid signals off.

• MindBlower

Posted March 16, 2007 - 08:09 PM

I'm running some cheepos i bought at Cycle Gear. They are about the size of a bottle cap. I think they were $12. Kinda hard to see in the pic but that was what i was going for....Can't run fronts with that race light.

Posted Image

That's one purdy bike! :applause:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.