Spanner wrench?

2 replies to this topic
  • kyle450rider

Posted March 14, 2007 - 01:05 PM

I found one at motion pro but it didnt say what size it was.I'm sure there not all the same are they?Make a long story short,there is no way i can use a punch on the shock collar to set sag.Moved it a little and then nothing.I guess this is why they say to use the right tool for the job:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 250Thumpher

Posted March 14, 2007 - 03:04 PM

If you wanted to use one, you would probably have to remove the rear subframe to get acess to use the tool.

Are you sure you are turning the collar the correct way? I havent had a problem with a punch and hammer. If's also a good idea to make sure the threads are clean and free of dirt. If it's really bad, penetrating lubs on the threads would work as well...

• grayracer513

Posted March 14, 2007 - 04:17 PM

1) You understand that you first have to loosen the lock ring, right? Looking from the top, turn it counter-clockwise.

2) Be sure you're doing it with the bike on the stand to take the load off the spring as much as possible.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.