Brand New 07 WR450

1 reply to this topic
  • outthumped

Posted March 14, 2007 - 12:30 PM

I think i am going to buy one today. I have an 05wr250. I was wondering what mods i should have them do when they put it together, all, some or should I break it in stock as i did with my 250?

Will any of my old bling transfer to the o7450? In particular, shock and fork springs, I wt 240lbs and will need to respring again. I am not rich and any protection I can rob off the 05250 before i sell it would be helpful to my cause. Radiator and disc gards, skid plates and handle bar gards?
I see they have a new larger plastic skid plate, is this going to adaquate protection for the rocky trails in VT?
I have the pro moto billet quiet insert in the 250 will that fit the 450?
Any feed back is welcome.
OT:ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tough Guy

Posted March 14, 2007 - 06:22 PM

I think i am going to buy one today. I have an 05wr250. I was wondering what mods i should have them do when they put it together, all, some or should I break it in stock as i did with my 250?

Will any of my old bling transfer to the o7450? In particular, shock and fork springs, I wt 240lbs and will need to respring again. I am not rich and any protection I can rob off the 05250 before i sell it would be helpful to my cause. Radiator and disc gards, skid plates and handle bar gards?
I see they have a new larger plastic skid plate, is this going to adaquate protection for the rocky trails in VT?
I have the pro moto billet quiet insert in the 250 will that fit the 450?
Any feed back is welcome.
OT:ride:

Cool! :applause:

I don't think much bling will be transferable....pretty much a whole new bike. The hand guards might?

I am using the stock skid plate, after one ride it gained a few scars but seemed to work well. If you are in rock patches frequently you may want to upgrade, I would also look at a better shark fin too.

Chris

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.