Picking up my 07 WR450 Friday

12 replies to this topic
  • Spokes

Posted March 14, 2007 - 11:08 AM

I've read the performance mods and I'm going with the AIS kit right away.

I'm also 6'4". Has anyone set up this bike for a tall rider? I've an 03 and an 04 with Answer top clamps, tall bar mounts, CR HI Bend, Guts Tall Seat Foam and lowered the pegs. Will these tricks work on the 07?

Anyone put an autoclutch in one yet? I don't think this will be any different then the 03 and 04.

Thanks.

• Seabass

Posted March 14, 2007 - 01:38 PM

Napolean Dynamite, "......lucky!!".

I would bet the mods you did on your older WR will work as well on your new toy. Not sure if the parts can be switched between the different year WR's though.

• Tough Guy

Posted March 14, 2007 - 06:29 PM

I'm also 6'4". Has anyone set up this bike for a tall rider? I've an 03 and an 04 with Answer top clamps, tall bar mounts, CR HI Bend, Guts Tall Seat Foam and lowered the pegs. Will these tricks work on the 07?

Anyone put an autoclutch in one yet? I don't think this will be any different then the 03 and 04.

Thanks.

I should have my Rekluse installed next week. Congrats on the new bike, definetly get the AIS mine runs great, zero bog tons of power!

Chris

• Dirtskills

Posted March 14, 2007 - 06:35 PM

I put the Renthal R/C high 1 1/8 bars with taller risers and fastway Lo-boy
pegs. You have to remove the bottom peg mount bolts and counter sink
the holes and purchase 2 new bolts from fastway ($11.00 shipped)
This gives you alot of room.

• Spokes

Posted March 15, 2007 - 04:19 PM

Dirtskills, who's tall risers did you use?

• Spokes

Posted March 16, 2007 - 01:12 PM

I got it. I hope I can make it work. It sure is small. I might have a little used 07 for sale.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Spokes

Posted March 16, 2007 - 01:34 PM

Darn, I just got word the AIS kit is back ordered.

• clark4131

Posted March 16, 2007 - 03:33 PM

Get the TT AIS kit, the JD Jetting Kit, a 48 pilot and a 40 leak jet, and cut the throttle stop yourself. It's more expensive than just buying the GYT-R kit, but it's worth it, IMHO :applause:...SC

• zelur

Posted March 16, 2007 - 04:37 PM

I am 6'3" and found the 07 bike so far at the right height, but then again its been `15 years since I last rode a bike. I haven't done any mods as I want to get used to riding again then work my way through them. So far the bike is pretty fun, but I can't wait to do the mods to get some more power out of it.

• Dirtskills

Posted March 16, 2007 - 04:37 PM

Scotts performance for the risers. I think GYTR has so too.

• Impaler

Posted June 05, 2007 - 05:41 PM

watch yer knees on the header...ouch...grind the heels off yer boots on the tarmac at 80....bend yer lower back forward(takes practice...and therapy)...hold a stick between yer teeth and crack that baby open...no sweat...

• PROWLER 58

Posted June 05, 2007 - 06:37 PM

Thanks.

Hi Spokes, Im getting my 07 WR450 on Fri. also. As I sat on the bike the other day I thought it was a little tall for me,Im 5ft 10.The dealer said it could be lowered.I wondered if anyone may have set the bike lower ?Also, I wanted to ask you about tearing the bike down for grease and lube,have you done that for your other WRs ? Many have posted here that it is nessasary. Ive wondered why Yamaha would sell these bikes that way ? bob

• jams229

Posted June 05, 2007 - 06:47 PM

Hey Bob, they all come from the factory like that, unfortunately.
You should definitely tear it down. You will see once you get in there
that it is needed. It's not too bad of a job anyway.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.