Another Jetting Question

5 replies to this topic
  • kanemilo

Posted March 14, 2007 - 08:31 AM

I have searched and am having trouble finding an answer. I have an 06'wr450 with the free mods done. There is no bog and is strong all the way thru. Question is with stock jetting am I taking a chance of burning a valve. I have put on the TT AIS but still have a lean pop when letting off the throttle. I like the way it runs now just worried when a friend told me I might burn a valve if I don't rejet. Also thanks for a sight that has so much info its great!

• Fullbore4

Posted March 14, 2007 - 10:10 AM

It is suppose to pop a few times on decel. Also don't try reading a plug as thats inconclusive also. These carbs are a PITA to get just right but odds are your not to lean. I'm using a very open slip on muffler and have openned the air box up on my 06 and it is fine tuned with a JD red#5 and 168 main jet when less than 50 degrees. I'll lean it out more as it warms up to JD red #4 and 165 (stock) main.

• Seabass

Posted March 14, 2007 - 01:41 PM

If you've done all the free mods I'm assuming you've opened up the air box and removed your baffle from your exhaust. The stock jetting is ridiculously lean, take the plunge and re-jet your bike, you'll be amazed at the difference.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kanemilo

Posted March 14, 2007 - 02:16 PM

Yep the air box is opened and baffle out of the exhaust

• WR450RICKO

Posted March 14, 2007 - 09:18 PM

temp and altitude plays a big factor in performance. I run from sea level to 3000' On the Dyno, mine was running lean after I did all the mods and installed the AIS kit. I had to turn my air screw out 2 3/4 to get it right on.

• Anchslayer

Posted March 15, 2007 - 11:12 AM

Check the plug, I can see the difference in mine when I change jets. Just start with a fresh one each time you re-jet. Stock jeting is lean and your plug may be white. As you richen things up the plug will get brown and the bike will run better.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.