XR600 Valve cover gasket metal????

3 replies to this topic
  • camoman

Posted March 14, 2007 - 03:29 AM

I have noticed that I have some seepage of oil coming from the valve cover.
My xr is an 87 , are all these valve cover gaskets metal??????
I called dealer and he wanted 25.00 just for the gasket...SO I looked on ebay and have found both, Metal and some type of gasket material...
Which is best,,,??????

thanks

:applause:

• bigtooth

Posted March 14, 2007 - 05:25 AM

I have had the same problem on my 91 600. I always use the metal gasket; thats what came out so thats what I put in. But probobly the most importent thing is that you eliminate the seepage, I don't think there is very much presure in there (if any) so another material may work fine. Carful when you torq those bolts back down, those aluminum threads in the head get very brittle. I have like 3-4 hela-coils in my head.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • camoman

Posted March 14, 2007 - 11:11 AM

thanks

• zodran

Posted March 14, 2007 - 03:48 PM

Antiseize the bolts by the sparkplug well, what a pain.:applause: I don't trust my 3/8" craftsman clicker on something that small, I just do it by feel.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.