07 Speedo, blocked off wires?? What are they??

4 replies to this topic
  • fitzy

Posted March 14, 2007 - 02:47 AM

Can anybody tell me what the 6, I think it is, blocked of wires comming out of the speedo are for?? This is on an 07 wr 450
This is on an Australian model but I recon they will all be the same. The manual only shows the race and normal mode. But on the speedo is a group of wires, comming out of the back going into a plug and then it is blocked off.
Maybe somwhere there is a switch like the KTM to open up stuff, like a lap counter?? or am I imagining this. Can you please look to see if you can find this plug on your 07.

• fitzy

Posted March 17, 2007 - 01:21 AM

bump.....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted March 17, 2007 - 08:10 PM

bump.....

My guess is it is for a handlebar mounted control for advancing/reducing your mileage/time when doing enduros and other timed events.

• gpdg50

Posted March 18, 2007 - 08:46 PM

wires are black green yellow brown ??? times up BLINKERS there is a left and right indecator light in the speedo

• Racegun

Posted March 19, 2007 - 01:47 AM

i have a yamaha wrf 07 competition service bulletin which says to cut grey wire on back of speedo to access race mode timer and trip meter etc as detailed in the owners service manual. i havent tried myself yet.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.