Ti valve fyi.

2 replies to this topic
  • SFO

Posted January 23, 2002 - 04:46 PM

Hi guys,
I have an 01 that I just fussed with some and anyways I ported it and did a serdi valve job part of which included facing the oe ti valves.
After 50 dyno runs and 1400 miles of wfo running in baja I pulled it back down.
The valve face errosion was conciderable and I would have to say that it is not a good idea longevity wise to face the oe valves.
replace not face.
I am going to put a set of Precision Machine Black diamond valves in my bike and forget about it.
The ti valve thing I think is a marketing hoax.
They still use steel retainers so how concerned with valve mass were they really?
The cam is the same as well, I ran both the ti valve cam and the pre ti valve cam on the cam doctor and they come up the same.
Just my humble experience, I hope it saves someone else the trouble.
Bill

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scott_F

Posted January 24, 2002 - 05:36 AM

I would be interested in the weight of the oem steel, ti, and aftermarket steel valves. Are you concerned about valve float with the lighter springs and steel valves? Or will you use the 2000 and earlier springs?

• SFO

Posted January 24, 2002 - 06:03 AM

The seat pressure is 75lbs with the 01 springs.
I have a 97mm (440) big bore that runs out of air at 8k, so valve float is not really an issue for me.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.