What's your favourite headlight for the XR650R?

9 replies to this topic
  • drop

Posted March 13, 2007 - 07:13 AM

The previous owner of my bike put a headlight from an XR650L on my R when he dualsported it. I don't really like the look of it though and would like to replace it with an aftermarket light. What are some of your favourite lights for the XR650R? Street legality is not a must.

• HawkGT

Posted March 13, 2007 - 08:11 AM

I really like my Baja Designs 8". Downsides are price and weight. But with a 55w bulb and no stator mods it throws out tons of light. Puts the stocker to shame.

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted March 13, 2007 - 11:33 AM

Here is mine with XL600LM headlight assembly. This thing throws out some major light with the H4 bulbs

Posted Image!

• xr650rkyle

Posted March 13, 2007 - 03:22 PM

WOW those are cool! Never have seen those before.
What year ??

• jmeperu

Posted March 13, 2007 - 07:13 PM

gotta be these lights! soooooo cool and probably pretty bright too. but back to the improtant part, sooooooooooooooo coooool!!!!

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pman13

Posted March 14, 2007 - 05:10 AM

I just put a Acerbis Cyclops headlight on my XR650R, and it is a bout 1000 times better than the stocker. I did have to install a new stator, but that was easy and took only an hour to do.

I really wish I could afford the dual HIDs, but thats a bit out of my price range for now.

• BWB63

Posted March 14, 2007 - 06:01 AM

Nice thing about the Baja light is you can pull two pins and one plug and the light is off the bike, put it some place safe and you can crash all day. If your are still able to ride by night fall, plug the llight back on and you are good to go.
Posted Image

• drop

Posted March 14, 2007 - 06:24 AM

Anyone run the 8 inch baja designs light on the street? Can you just aim it down out of people's eyes? What a about a switch with a resister that will lower the light output for oncoming traffic?

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted March 14, 2007 - 08:59 AM

WOW those are cool! Never have seen those before.
What year ??

Mid 80's XL600LM that we never got in the US. Here is a pic of one...

Posted Image

• HawkGT

Posted March 14, 2007 - 09:08 AM

Anyone run the 8 inch baja designs light on the street? Can you just aim it down out of people's eyes? What a about a switch with a resister that will lower the light output for oncoming traffic?

I street ride with mine all the time. Yes, it's easily adjustable to whatever angle you want--even on the fly if need be.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.