License plate bracket for 2007 WR450F?

25 replies to this topic
  • mxcowboy

Posted March 13, 2007 - 06:02 AM

Has anybody came up with a license plate bracket that will hold up and mount nice for the 2007?
Preferably one I can just buy and mount.

• Humunn

Posted March 13, 2007 - 07:56 PM

I made one out of a plastic roof vent from Lowes. Cost me $8.00 and it is better than anything else I found. I used some longer screws and attached it right to the bottom of the taillight assembly in the stock holes. Since then I added blinkers using the same screws. Send me an email at greg@highdesertadventures.net and I'll send you some pics.

• joshbeene

Posted March 20, 2007 - 08:57 AM

Yamaha (GYTR) makes holders for the 2007, but it is not available in the U.S. I saw pics on TT from a guy in Austraila and callled Yamaha with the part number. They could not get me one in the U.S.

• grossjon

Posted July 09, 2014 - 05:14 PM

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1404954863.205552.jpg ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1404954872.355257.jpg $6 at Home Depot.

• stevethe

Posted July 09, 2014 - 06:44 PM

Ryco motorsports makes a very nice aluminum mount. It also has room for turn signal mounts.

• jentzschman

Posted July 09, 2014 - 08:13 PM

tus_10_led_tai_lig_bra_lig.jpg

http://www.rockymoun...r-Fender?v=5639

Edited by jentzschman, July 09, 2014 - 08:15 PM.

• RockerYZWR

Posted July 09, 2014 - 09:07 PM

I know you want to just buy one, but it is extremely cheap and easy to make one if you're patient and creative. Mine cost me about $5 and 45 min.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1404968701660.jpg
  • 1404968745830.jpg

• KennyMc

Posted July 09, 2014 - 09:11 PM

Been using this one since 2009, works great :thumbsup:

• stevethe

Posted July 09, 2014 - 09:49 PM

Factory look, uses stock taillight.

bracket256_zps665f7c4a.jpg

• KennyMc

Posted July 09, 2014 - 10:39 PM

You have never caught that in your tire?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted July 10, 2014 - 05:26 AM

No they won't get caught in the tire. The one mod I ended up doing on the dirt bike was to drill through the original holes and use button head bolts on top and nuts underneath. Never has gone anywhere. Even the flush mount turn signals have hung in there through thick and thin.

• grossjon

Posted March 24, 2015 - 07:58 PM

Mine just caught in the tire last weekend, lol

• toten

Posted March 24, 2015 - 09:05 PM

I have mine mounted similarly to that, using a DRC Edge. I drilled a YZ fender to mount it. I doubt it'll catch in the wheel but I'm on 17s...

• Rusty99

Posted March 24, 2015 - 09:12 PM

I like what you've done there. Do you have a picture showing how you mounted it underneath the light? What is the black material you are using? It looks like plastic? I really need to make myself a license plate bracket as well.

• PacoPaez

Posted March 24, 2015 - 09:19 PM

I would say it can be made from any plastic I like it kind of soft so that it gives if a crash.

• Derwud

Posted March 25, 2015 - 05:00 AM

I use the Ryco mount on both of my bikes. Mounts under the stock light with longer screws. He ships it with a flimsy rubber plate holder, which my bike ate up and spit out. I now use the a plate holder from Rocky Mountain, and no more problems.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

• stevethe

Posted March 25, 2015 - 05:32 AM

I like what you've done there. Do you have a picture showing how you mounted it underneath the light? What is the black material you are using? It looks like plastic? I really need to make myself a license plate bracket as well.

I use the Ryco mount on both of my bikes. Mounts under the stock light with longer screws. He ships it with a flimsy rubber plate holder, which my bike ate up and spit out. I now use the a plate holder from Rocky Mountain, and no more problems.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Just like Derwud above said it's a Ryco mount. On my street Supermoto I used Ryco's longer screws that go into the factory holes underneath. On my dirt WR450 I used button head screws on the top drilled through with nuts underneath. The plastic piece for the plate in the picture is either from Ryco or Baja designs. The bike in the picture was a friends bike that I put a Baja designs kit on with a Ryco plate holder and stock headlight. I didn't like the look of the Baja designs lights.

• rlplive

Posted March 27, 2015 - 06:43 AM

I also use the ryco.  I'm running an 07 taillight on an 05 fender.  It's a nice piece.

• fdme

Posted March 29, 2015 - 08:44 AM

I also use the drc edge on the yz fender looks great and doesn't catch the tire if you put it back enough to where the tailight is flush with the end of the fender

• toten

Posted March 29, 2015 - 04:47 PM

Yep, I use the DRC Edge on my WR450 supermoto. Seems to work well.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.