Dakar dual sport lighting

3 replies to this topic
  • PIP RC51

Posted March 13, 2007 - 05:59 AM

Has anyone used this set up before? http://cgi.ebay.com/...090453999QQrdZ1

How is the quality, how is the wiring?

Feedback please. The price looks good but I want to make sure it is not just another cheap spin off of baja design. A buddy of mine suggested one from "trick dual sport",

Thanks........... PIP..........

• brp2004

Posted March 13, 2007 - 08:32 AM

Run a search. I have read seen a few threads on Electrex before.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motorman77

Posted March 13, 2007 - 12:25 PM

I have used this kit and like the quality. The only thing you may want to consider is updating or rewinding your stator to get more output. I ran it without doing so for one season but you really sould. The manufacturer recommends doing so also.

• drop

Posted March 13, 2007 - 01:54 PM

Is that "Dakar" logo on the visor a removable sticker? I like the kit but don't want Dakar plastered on my XR.

Related Content

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.