15 tooth sproket on 426

4 replies to this topic
  • SRT426

Posted March 13, 2007 - 12:28 AM

Has anyone run a 15 tooth sprocket on their YZ426? Going down to Baja in May and looking for a different setup than the 14/48 setup I ran last year. I did a search but they mostly came up about 450's. Will the 15 tooth fit and has anyone ran it. Thanks:thumbsup:

• atropine

Posted March 13, 2007 - 07:30 AM

My 2002 YZ426 had a 15 front and 47 rear on it when I bought it last year. The previous owner just rode it to work and back, so he liked the speed. For high speed desert running it would be great, but I needed some more low end for the singletrack sections I ride here. I went all the way down to a 13/51, and it works great for technical sections. I miss the top end speed, though. The 15/47 combo seemed to work fine for the short period of time I had it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SRT426

Posted March 13, 2007 - 07:39 AM

Thanks for the reply. I run 13/50 on the trails and it's great. Sounds like the 15 tooth will work great and I'll probably run it with 48 rear so that should work nice. Thanks again.

• dwnlowx

Posted March 13, 2007 - 10:21 AM

i run a 15/49 on 04 450 and its great

• LVThumper

Posted March 14, 2007 - 01:06 PM

Here you go :applause:

I have an '01 426 with 15/47 gearing. I ride / race desert in and around Southern Nevada and it works GREAT!! Granted, the Rekluse takes care of business for me in the tight stuff, but I find the spread between the gears suits me just fine. :lol: It is a little tall when I'm putting with my 8 year old on his 65, and I will drop back to the 14/47 if the races don't have much high speed stuff and are more technical. The only other time change the gearing, is when I go out "Billy Goat" trail riding (13/50) in Nelson Hills or Black Mountain!

For Baja, bump up to the 15! You'll be glad you did! :eek:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.