better handles????????

5 replies to this topic
  • martinfan30

Posted March 12, 2007 - 06:54 PM

any advise from a pig rider "L", would be sweet. looking for a better handle bar. im 6'5", dont like stock bar. suggestions?:applause: :lol: :lol:

• xr650rkyle

Posted March 12, 2007 - 07:14 PM

Im 6.6, here is what I did:
Buy an applied top triple clamp (to move the bars forward) $100
Buy the tallest applied 7/8 inch risers (to get the bars up) $40
Buy a 7/8 to 1" adapter clamp kit (add'l 3/4 inch and big bar) $25
This will raise the bottom of your bars way up! Then ...
Buy Renthal Ricky Carmical High bend big bars(another 4" raise!) $75
Now.. you can stand up without leaning over, It's great!!!
but it is going to cost you a bit!!
The good thing is you can take the bars and risers with you to your next bike....

• sanjoh

Posted March 13, 2007 - 05:43 AM

xr650rkyle
Did you have to change the cables after all this?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr650rkyle

Posted March 13, 2007 - 03:13 PM

No I did not buy new cables, but you need to route them so the cables now all go behend the top triple clamp (nearer the gas tank).

BTW: Their is a cheaper way..

There is a guy on the internet that sells nice quality "garage machined" riser adapters that move the bars up and out from the stock triple clamp mounts.

Search google or altavista for "bar mounts or riser" you should find him.

If you can't find him, I believe I have him bookmarked on another computer.

I went the deluxe way and bought everything, but you could go this way as well...

• zodran

Posted March 13, 2007 - 03:24 PM

I just put a set of the tusk universal bar risers on this weekend, best $20 I ever spent.:applause:
I read somewhere that atv bars have more rise and verified by looking at the specs on dennis kirk, you can get 4" ones. The tusk bar risers raise them about 1-3/4".:eek:

• xr650l bum

Posted March 13, 2007 - 08:49 PM

I have just ordered anti vibration risers from ROX. They make standard ones that are perfect. If I had to do it over again I would get them. I am 6 5. The ROX risers not only come in different heights, but will rotate forward or back. Perfect! Look into them. No need for new bars or any of the other stuff. Just risers. Perfect!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.