My Dr. D Slip-on Review

5 replies to this topic
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted March 12, 2007 - 03:22 PM

Wow....

With that being said, the install took about 20 mins as i drank a beer and had a good time. it was nothing more than puling the seat, side panel and unbolting the stock exhaust. the Dr. D slipped right on using factory mounting. (I didnt use any high temp stuff as the directions didnt say to and the slip on slips well past the header part.)

bike started first kick, i let it warm then i took it for a ride up the street. instantly i had the 1/8 bog (gonna go up on 40 leak in as this from what i read will fix the problem) everything else ran great. it pulled hard.

got back to the house and adjusted the fuel screw to 2 turns out and this helped the bog a lot but i will still do the 40 leak jet.

went to the desert yesterday to really try this baby out. i did not notice the bog but the was prolly more the dirt slipping as the tire never stopped spinning and what not. the bike revs out so much nicer, it pulls harder then ever through the gears. if you ask me the dr. d complements the wr tranny very nice. i even took the bike to the sandy hill and climbed it no problem. i did it once in third gear pinned and then 4th gear pinned. some fag on a cr250 tried to race me but couldnt catch me! i was happy

noise wise, the pipe is a little lunder from idle to mid ranger over stock with pmb insert. wide open the stock pipe with pmb insert is the same as dr d wide open.

over all dr.d is a quality built pipe. i give it a 10 out of 10
:applause:

• CJ06WR

Posted March 12, 2007 - 08:16 PM

Congrats on your new purchase....I lost a lot of sleep these last couple of weeks trying to decide between the Dr. D and the White Bro E2. Ended up going the opposite route you went and was equally impressed. Which ones better? Still haven't decided. I'm just happy with the performance over the stock muffler with the PMB insert. Night and day difference and I am still legal for all the tree huggers here in SoCal.

• Matt James

Posted March 12, 2007 - 08:50 PM

Congrats on your new purchase....I lost a lot of sleep these last couple of weeks trying to decide between the Dr. D and the White Bro E2. Ended up going the opposite route you went and was equally impressed. Which ones better? Still haven't decided. I'm just happy with the performance over the stock muffler with the PMB insert. Night and day difference and I am still legal for all the tree huggers here in SoCal.

Is the E2 for an 07? I've had one on order for 3 months but haven't received it yet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Derwud

Posted March 13, 2007 - 07:18 AM

Wow....

over all dr.d is a quality built pipe. i give it a 10 out of 10
:applause:

I agree, the DR.D is a great set-up and VERY well built.. As for power, WOW!

• CJ06WR

Posted March 13, 2007 - 07:46 AM

Is the E2 for an 07? I've had one on order for 3 months but haven't received it yet.

Matt,

I have an 06....I ordered if from Motofrugals.com for $349.00. This was the first time I have ever ordered any thing from them. I was actually impressed with there customer service. I ordered on line on a Saturday and was told I would have the muffler by the following Wednesday(they needed two days for shipping, Monday to Wednesday).

Monday afternoon I got a phone call from them apologizing for telling me the muffler was in stock when it actually was on back order. They told me the muffler was not going to reach them till Wednesday and I should have it by Friday. However, they were willing to over night the muffler to me for free on Wednesday because they were concerned that I had a ride planned.
I was shocked by there desire to take care of me, so impressed that I declined the over night shipment because I wasn't gonna ride till the weekend anyways. The muffler was there as promised on Friday..I will definately order from them again.

• SID013

Posted March 13, 2007 - 07:32 PM

Great to hear you're impressed. As I advised you I'm very happy with the DrD I installed on my '06 & it sounds as though you are getting the same improvements as me through the range. Sandy hill climbs are a piece-o-cake now.

Cheers from Oz

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.