AIS plug off

Here is a question for all you motor heads. Why not just put a 3/8 ball bearing in the rubber hose between the check valve and the metal tube going to the exhaust instead of tearing off and pluging with the 50$ ais removal kit? Will it work or will it cause some kind of damage to the bike. Just my 2 cents but it would seem to stop air flow and the pop on decel. The ball would be tight and no air would go in or out. 50cents for a 3/8 ball bearing. Let me know please.

If you make your own parts you can remove it and block it off for free or you can leave it alone which is also free. It does not change the performance of the bike. However, if you open up the rest of the bike by doing the mods the kit also includes stuff that you can't make like a needle and jets which needs to be changed to make it run right.

Right I did all that with the FMF kit when I bought the pipe. It was popping on decel and I put 2 ball bearings in the hose 3/8 and no more popping on decel:applause: The air does not go in so the air does not go out. The only thing I have not done is cut the grey wire.

Most of us remove the AIS to get rid of all the extra crap on the bike. The ball bearing idea would work fine if you just want to disable the AIS. Don't forget the vacuum hose as well. I don't have the '07 kit yet so I just cut the pipe off near the head plate and pinched it shut and welded it. Reinstalled the plate and got rid of all the junk. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/WR_Dave/100_1036.jpg WR Dave

Here is a question for all you motor heads. Why not just put a 3/8 ball bearing in the rubber hose between the check valve and the metal tube going to the exhaust instead of tearing off and pluging with the 50$ ais removal kit? Will it work or will it cause some kind of damage to the bike. Just my 2 cents but it would seem to stop air flow and the pop on decel. The ball would be tight and no air would go in or out. 50cents for a 3/8 ball bearing. Let me know please.

I had my dealer install the AIS delete kit and with the jetting/needle changes etc.. I have zero bog and no popping on decel, the best $39.95 I have spent on it yet...Great mod for the money.

Chris