Chain advice

3 replies to this topic
  • Motosprtman

Posted March 11, 2007 - 06:47 PM

Lookin at replacing the stock chain on my 650L as the snail adjusters are nearing the red - just got into the green I think and set at about 24 clicks each. Looking at the DID Xring chain - but 89.00 bucks!

also thinking of going back to either 14/48 or 15/48

DID 520 X-RING Chain 520x110

Reccomendations ?

• xrlke

Posted March 11, 2007 - 07:47 PM

There is an ebay guy that has a store with 120 link, precut did o-ring chains for 60.00 with no shipping charges. I think his id isPetemmd. This is what I am going to order soon to replace my chain. It comes with a clip style master link and the only draw back is that you will have to cut the chain to your own length.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rebelventurer

Posted March 11, 2007 - 10:08 PM

Also on ebay is "dirtparts" rk x ring chain ( better than the D.I.D.) and new JT steel sprockets any gearing you want for $89. I bought them 8 months ago, 2500 miles have yet to adjust the the chain, though its about time. Got the exact gearing I wanted 14/48. I have to say I am more than satisfied. I have looked at them all, this was best quality for the price.

• bork

Posted March 12, 2007 - 05:56 AM

Also on ebay is "dirtparts" rk x ring chain ( better than the D.I.D.) and new JT steel sprockets any gearing you want for $89. I bought them 8 months ago, 2500 miles have yet to adjust the the chain, though its about time. Got the exact gearing I wanted 14/48. I have to say I am more than satisfied. I have looked at them all, this was best quality for the price.

Thats a good/GREAT price!
Also if you only ride road, maybe a standard chain(with reg oiling) will do, but I'm sold on my "ringed" chain, very little adjustment. Worth the $$.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.