450 exhaust on a 426??

2 replies to this topic
  • ____Kurt____

Posted March 11, 2007 - 06:16 PM

my friend got a 03 yz450f and i have had my 01 426 for about a month now and none of the current exhausts are made for an out of date bike(my 426). i haven't gotten around yet to try to put his on mine confirming i can get a 450 exhaust. i was just wondering if anyone has done this or if they know it will work. i'll probably try it anyway i just want to know if it will in advance. thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 11, 2007 - 08:03 PM

Technically, they don't fit. However, they come very close to it, and if you use an exhaust that is built with a spring slip fit connection at the joint of the mid pipe to the muffler, and with a muffler bracket that can be moved around on the muffler, you can just about always get an '03-'05 exhaust to fit a 426. Sometimes you'll have to file the hole in the mid pipe mount on the subframe a little bit.

FMF and Yoshimura exhausts are typically made in the above manner.

• ____Kurt____

Posted March 12, 2007 - 08:44 AM

thanks gray. yea i think im going to try it this weekend. he has a stock exhaust and he is going to order a whole system and if it works he's giving me his ti-header and muffler/midpipe. i have a stock header and a procircuit 496 muffler/midpipe

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.