rear shock

5 replies to this topic
  • tammie

Posted March 11, 2007 - 03:36 PM

does the swivel bushings on the top and bottom rear shock mounts need to have bearing grease in them? I took mine apart they were dry no grease, the bottom one was seized so i pressed it out and put in a new one, the top one was like new...........

do i put grease in and around them or leave them dry?

• CaptainKnobby

Posted March 11, 2007 - 03:50 PM

When I had my 04 yz250 and put new rear shock bearings in top and bottom I did not grease the outer part just the inner, the part that has the pins in it. Thats all you need to put the grease in< the inner part.

• tammie

Posted March 11, 2007 - 05:53 PM

there are no pins in this swivel type bushing.....its like an outer race with a swivel connected to the race......
this is what it looks like ..#6 in the attached picture is the actually swivel bearing however its not a very good representation...
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted March 11, 2007 - 06:01 PM

Oh Yea! I remember putting this one in." Go ahead and put a little grease around it " Wont hurt any thing. For grease however I used some in a tube cant remember the brand but is was a high tempurature form the grease was red.:applause:

• tammie

Posted March 11, 2007 - 06:05 PM

ok I'll put some sikolene bearing grease its the red stuff i think your probably talking about.......

• CaptainKnobby

Posted March 11, 2007 - 07:06 PM

Yea that was it!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.