Xr650l Motard Wheels, What Fitts?

9 replies to this topic
  • mystubby

Posted March 11, 2007 - 02:51 PM

I AM KEEN TO CONVERT MY 2005 XR650L TO MOTARD CONFIGURATION FOR THE SUMMER MONTHS, AND WOULD LIKE TO DO THE CONVERSION TO A BUDGET (PREFER TO BUY SECOND HAND SETUP).

DO ANY OTHER TRAILBIKES IN THE HONDA (OR OTHER MAKE) RANGE HAVE THE SAME HUBS AS THE XR650L? I HAVE BEEN LOOKING THROUGH LOCAL ADVERTS (AUSTRALIA), AND THERE SEEMS TO BE PLENTY OF WHEEL SETS TO SUIT CRF450's, DO THESE FIT? ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.

PS. I HAVENT SEEN ANY OTHER XR650L MOTARD IN AUSTRALIA

• bcone

Posted March 11, 2007 - 03:01 PM

Wheels from an XR600 will fit for sure. Do a search for CR wheels to find out about that. If your up for a bit of machining check out supermotojunkie for threads on swapping out to CBR wheels. The easiest (although not as wide) are the late 80's CBR wheels 2.5 front and 3.5 rear. takes some work to make the spacers and the brake caliper relocation bracket.

• MCCOYBOY

Posted March 11, 2007 - 04:21 PM

I am selling a set on ebay as we speak. Search xr650l and you will find my wheels and motor listed. They are stock hubs powder coated red with bucanan black wheels and stainless steal spokes. The front is 3.5inch's wide and the rear is 4.25inch's wide. They fit perfectly on the 650l.

• mystubby

Posted March 11, 2007 - 04:33 PM

Thanks for your tips bcone, that will give me a few more options,

Thanks MCCOYBOY, I actually sent you a message via ebay the other day, (Im Glen), I look forward to hearing what the shipping price will be.

• zacko

Posted March 11, 2007 - 06:46 PM

I AM KEEN TO CONVERT MY 2005 XR650L TO MOTARD CONFIGURATION FOR THE SUMMER MONTHS, AND WOULD LIKE TO DO THE CONVERSION TO A BUDGET (PREFER TO BUY SECOND HAND SETUP).

DO ANY OTHER TRAILBIKES IN THE HONDA (OR OTHER MAKE) RANGE HAVE THE SAME HUBS AS THE XR650L? I HAVE BEEN LOOKING THROUGH LOCAL ADVERTS (AUSTRALIA), AND THERE SEEMS TO BE PLENTY OF WHEEL SETS TO SUIT CRF450's, DO THESE FIT? ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.

PS. I HAVENT SEEN ANY OTHER XR650L MOTARD IN AUSTRALIA

Mine uses a Kawasaki Zephyre Sports rim-17x3.00(Front) and 17x4.00(Rear).my rear tyre size 140 as the swing arm is not so wide enough for wider tyres!What size tyres do u guys use??Can size 150 fit?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PIP RC51

Posted March 12, 2007 - 02:19 AM

I am selling a set on ebay as we speak. Search xr650l and you will find my wheels and motor listed. They are stock hubs powder coated red with bucanan black wheels and stainless steal spokes. The front is 3.5inch's wide and the rear is 4.25inch's wide. They fit perfectly on the 650l.

Will they fit on a XR650R?

PIP

• MCCOYBOY

Posted March 12, 2007 - 04:03 PM

Yes and no. The wheels fit but the front stock rotor on a 650l is bigger than a 650r so the caliper can't mount up. You can buy a 320mm over size rotor for a 650l and a 320mm caliper adapter for the 650r and your in business. I was going to do this with the wheels if they don't sell so that I would have an extra set for my 650r motard.

• EarlT

Posted October 16, 2007 - 07:14 AM

Wheels
XR650L vs CRF450 vs XR600 vs XR650R vs XL600

Does anyone Know
What are the Wheel Widths
of these popular Wheels?

Also what are the Widest Tires/ Wheels
that will Fit each of these?

• asf

Posted October 16, 2007 - 11:14 AM

I'll have my front end and wheels for sale in about 3 weeks...
Posted Image

• Davexr650L

Posted March 07, 2015 - 03:03 AM

So I need another set of rims for my xr650L what is the direct fit a xr600? Just gotta change the front brake rotor? People think they got gold or something the prices of xr650L rims

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.