Bulbs blow in seconds?

6 replies to this topic
  • ZEHR

Posted March 11, 2007 - 01:53 PM

I have a 04 wr 450f and have fitted it with a four bulb head light. they are 4x20 watt bulbs, but i hooked it up and they blow with in seconds? So i decided to wire only one up thinking my wiring sucked, but same thing blow in seconds. I think the biggest problem is I'am dutch and bought a no name headlight of ebay. the bulbs are 12 volt rating. and i am still running the AC set up, any ideas?
PS, the bulbs are house hold Halogen flood lights you would find in a track lighting system or something. I know i should have bought the right stuff to start with.

• MN_Paul

Posted March 11, 2007 - 07:53 PM

you might have overloaded the system with too much load and fried the regulator. Check how much voltage you are sending to the headlights. Also, household lights are not meant to handle the vibration and shock in a bike and probably wouldn't last long anyway.

• gpdg50

Posted March 11, 2007 - 08:28 PM

your voltage regulator/ rectifier is burned out iam 99% sure

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ZEHR

Posted March 12, 2007 - 02:28 PM

I did a recheck today and got 22-24 volts at front head light and 1-2 volts at tail light i'am going to check my regulator/ rectifier after i eat i'll give an update after i check it. thanks

• ZEHR

Posted March 12, 2007 - 02:37 PM

also i have 4x20watts is that to much for the system, and a light kit thanks

• ZEHR

Posted March 12, 2007 - 03:57 PM

does anyone know where i can get a regulator/ rectifier for my wr 450f at a good price? thanks

• WR_Dave

Posted March 13, 2007 - 03:21 AM

I have some old christmas lights with a dimmer and they are "outdoor" :applause: Sorry I couldn't resist ! Check for any parted out WR's on ebay etc. WR Dave.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.