Lower 2003 Yz450f

3 replies to this topic
  • motocross10113

Posted March 11, 2007 - 09:02 AM

hey i got a buddy who just bough this bike used and its a tad to tall for him...hes 5'4'' its there anywah you can lower the bike. Not just a seat cut out he wants a kit to lower it about 2 inches or so do they make such a thing???

• YzGuy79

Posted March 11, 2007 - 09:03 AM

A reputable suspension shop can alter the shock and/or cut the subframe.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • holker1

Posted March 11, 2007 - 11:08 AM

Try www.mountainmotorsports.biz

• MikeeeP

Posted March 11, 2007 - 01:08 PM

The seat isn't a bad mod though - I just today (minutes ago) finished lowering my 2003 YZ450F...

It worked out MUCH better than hoped for. The stock seat gets thinner and thinner towards the top - uncomfortable considering that Yamaha foam is only one step softer than concrete!

My bike had a TALL seat on it - so it worked out FANTASTIC!

By trimming it down over an inch, the top of the seat was much wider than the stock seat foam... I was then able to angle the sides down and sculpt it somewhat... it looks a little "freestyle" but it's surprising because when you sit on the bike it feels RIGHT. So even though it looks thin, there is actually several inches of foam under you at the arc between seat junction and tank...

Sits almost as well as a Honda CR two strokes foam, but not quite as soft.

I'm pretty stoked, it worked out much-much better than I expected when I first posted on here quite some time back.

Mikeee P

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.