Hot cam in the 650l Yeah or neah

7 replies to this topic
  • Boy named sue

Posted March 11, 2007 - 08:56 AM

Looking for some help deciding weather or not to put the stage 1 cam in my xr650l is it worth it ?Power, fuel,reliabilityand difficulty to install?Also which one do I go with?

• goblin127

Posted March 11, 2007 - 09:17 AM

Looking for some help deciding weather or not to put the stage 1 cam in my xr650l is it worth it ?Power, fuel,reliabilityand difficulty to install?Also which one do I go with?

What have you done to open it up already? Pipe,carb?

• Wheels up

Posted March 11, 2007 - 09:37 AM

I have a hotcam with wiseco piston and all other mods......it works awsome. The bike starts better than stock.

• Boy named sue

Posted March 12, 2007 - 11:36 AM

I have done everthing to my bike there is to do except for hard parts.Just wondering is the power increase from the stage 1 cam noticable.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rebelventurer

Posted March 12, 2007 - 03:44 PM

I would dare to say that you would not see a big difference without going to a higher compression piston, my $.02:excuseme:

• Boy named sue

Posted March 13, 2007 - 11:14 AM

What would you recomend for a piston?Then what could I expect

• TDC71

Posted March 13, 2007 - 11:39 AM

No piston required to feel the difference. I put the stage 1 in my 06 650l and from mid rpm to redline that sucker pulls hard, used to pull hard in the low rpms only to midrange, after the cam I changed the gear ratio to 14/48 to get the low end grunt back. Thing is really scary will easily pull 2nd gear wheelies and maybe 3rd but I'm too scared to try it:cry: Not that good of a rider to be holding 40mph+ on one wheel. Did all the other stuff 1st,Daves mods 165main/58 pilot/uni filter/Supertrapp IDS2 with 19 discs/Drilled the air box/ de-snorked.It was the most noticeable mod, even better than the re-jetting. Oh yeah pulled the smog stuff too but kept it just in case California starts smogging the bikes:mad:

Todd

• Boy named sue

Posted March 14, 2007 - 03:40 AM

That's what I was hoping to hear.Stage 1 here I come.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.