To all you tall riders

10 replies to this topic
  • JohnL

Posted January 22, 2002 - 11:07 PM

I am fed up of riding around in old army trousers, that are getting increasingly ripped and soaking wet every ride.

Can anyone recommend somewhere I can buy some decent motorcross trousers (pants), which fit a 6'8" rider with cut and cold legs?

• Guy

Posted January 22, 2002 - 11:36 PM

:) Whilst not quite as tall as you, (6'1") I bought some "Zip Wear" enduro pants at last years dirt bike show, what an investment, They are the type which go over the boots, 100% waterproof (I usually get someone to pressure wash me off after a muddy ride!) and quite good money.
They have a site on the web, if you want I can find it and post it for you.
the extra large variety are so big that when I'm off the bike they trail on the floor and I have to keep lifting them up! :D

• okieguy

Posted January 23, 2002 - 04:32 AM

I am 6'5" & weigh 230. Use the MSR size 40 pants and never have a problem with them comming out of the boots.

• MOmilkman

Posted January 23, 2002 - 06:37 AM

6'7" here, and I forget how many rocks I am, but I have always used MSR gear also. System 6.

Never had a problem.

• Scarylong

Posted January 23, 2002 - 07:44 AM

I am 6'5" & weigh 230. Use the MSR size 40 pants

Question. How many times do you wrap your pants around yourself? That johnl guy weighs even less than you do. Must be a size 28, no wonder he has problems. Freaks! j/k. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • andy_howes

Posted January 23, 2002 - 10:49 PM

Fox 360 moto-x trousers. like the sound of the "zip wear" enduro trousers though Guy :)

• Guy

Posted January 23, 2002 - 12:12 PM

:) Top Kit Andy, next time your looking, take a gander at em, I was dubious, but they really are 100% proof(water not alchohol LOL) The only gripe is that they are a touch warm for summer wear, but thats only ONE weekend anyway ROFL! :D

• SFO

Posted January 23, 2002 - 04:01 PM

Sinisalo makes custom gear for the standard price.
I have hooked up a couple big and tall guys up and they all are very happy.
I am 6'8" as well and was sick of paying to have my gear customized so I could have my pants stay in my boots.
If you go to the sinisalo website and email them they will give you a # to call and send your measurements to.
Nirvana is 4~5 weeks away!

• JohnL

Posted January 23, 2002 - 10:56 PM

Sinisalo it is then, and thanks.

• andy_howes

Posted January 24, 2002 - 12:20 PM

what about gloves? anybody know where to get some
XXL waterproof (gortex?)gloves that come far enough up your wrists to cover cuffs of riding jacket? come to that any body recomend an enduro jacket XXL with longer arms ? :)

• Guy

Posted January 24, 2002 - 01:14 PM

:) Sinisalo do a top notch enduro glove with pull cord wrist fastener, to go over your jacket, very impressed with them, approx £40
Jacket...well I use a First Racing enduro jacket, Removable sleeves (which I thought would be a problem but hasn't been yet!) Pockets, armour option, pocket in the back for a drink system, again very impressed! :D

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.