Quick question for Grey

10 replies to this topic
  • kyle450rider

Posted March 10, 2007 - 07:58 AM

I have my bike still apart and the carb would be easily worked on now.Do you use the AP mod on your 06 and do you think its better than a Boyeson?

• dwnlowx

Posted March 10, 2007 - 09:36 AM

i would do the ap mod first and see if it cures the bog

• kyle450rider

Posted March 10, 2007 - 09:39 AM

i would do the ap mod first and see if it cures the bog

I already jetted it so i'm hoping that it cures the bog.The ap mod the way i understand it is to increase throttle response and give you quicker acceleration on the throttle.I want to hear from Grey on the matter.

• moontana

Posted March 10, 2007 - 09:45 AM

what do u mean ap mod

• dwnlowx

Posted March 10, 2007 - 09:46 AM

you actually should send baronvonbeard a pm he is the creator and the ap mod helps out no matter how good your jetting is,

go to the honda 450 forum and it is at the top of the page (now this is just rediculous forum)

that will tell you what every one does and do a search in the yzf 450 forum and type in ap mod

every one is running a 70 leak jet in the 06

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kyle450rider

Posted March 10, 2007 - 10:18 AM

you actually should send baronvonbeard a pm he is the creator and the ap mod helps out no matter how good your jetting is,

go to the honda 450 forum and it is at the top of the page (now this is just rediculous forum)

that will tell you what every one does and do a search in the yzf 450 forum and type in ap mod

every one is running a 70 leak jet in the 06

I already know about the ap mod from the honda forum,i just wanted grey's 2 cents on the subject.

• dwnlowx

Posted March 10, 2007 - 11:47 AM

oky dokky i dont think he likes these kinds of threads baron von beard is who you need to write to

i dont think grey even did this to his bikes

• grayracer513

Posted March 10, 2007 - 04:28 PM

I haven't done it, but, if it's a choice, do the BvB AP mod, and don't waste the money on the Quickshot. If you have $100 to spend on the carb, send it to Zip-Ty. The Quickshot will never deliver what the Zip-Ty mod does.

• 250Thumpher

Posted March 10, 2007 - 05:12 PM

Plus, the quickshot does only the same thing as tuning the ap with a leak jet.

The quickshot does allow for faster fillups, but when was the last time you ran out of fuel with the stock cover???

• kyle450rider

Posted March 10, 2007 - 05:30 PM

I haven't done it, but, if it's a choice, do the BvB AP mod, and don't waste the money on the Quickshot. If you have $100 to spend on the carb, send it to Zip-Ty. The Quickshot will never deliver what the Zip-Ty mod does.

thanks for the reply grey.I think i'm going to wait and see if the new jetting does it for me.

• Ga450owner

Posted March 10, 2007 - 05:38 PM

thanks for the reply grey.I think i'm going to wait and see if the new jetting does it for me.

I am not Grey but...sorry to burst your bubble...the jetting fix is to add a NFLR needle and get the proper PJ and mj. This helps a little but if you want to permanently fix the bog ...or should I dare say make your 450 carb perform like a 2 stroke 250...send the carb to Zipty...it is the only way to fix this...the rest is all gimic.....many including me tried all these gimics and I will gladly sell you any of them...they are all on my shelf.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.