yzf426 2001 wont start help?

11 replies to this topic
  • sheeks

Posted March 10, 2007 - 07:29 AM

Hi there just came back in the house after kicking my bike for about an hour and the thing wont start. the bike used to start first kick hot or cold was a really good starter but i just dont know whts wrong with it today.As i kept kicking it was backfiring alot like a shotgun going off,also there was an oil substance coming out from the little hole on the right side of the engine what is this.
At first i thought it sounded like i had flooded it but i dint like that oil coming from the hole in the engine.
Any ideas folks.

• 642MX

Posted March 10, 2007 - 07:31 AM

Sounds like a fouled plug.

• sheeks

Posted March 10, 2007 - 07:38 AM

would a fouled plug make the oil come from that hole like mate

• John221ex

Posted March 10, 2007 - 08:04 AM

At it's age, you may wish to go through all your gaskets, o-rings and your accelerator pump diaphragm and replace them. On my 400, they were all pretty dried out, and the diaphragm was ripped up--so no fuel was being pumped.
It now starts very easily.
Good luck and happy wrenching!

John

• sheeks

Posted March 10, 2007 - 08:56 AM

At it's age, you may wish to go through all your gaskets, o-rings and your accelerator pump diaphragm and replace them. On my 400, they were all pretty dried out, and the diaphragm was ripped up--so no fuel was being pumped.
It now starts very easily.
Good luck and happy wrenching!

John

all this stuff was done around 4 months mate,the bike is mechanically sound i
was most worried about the oil coming out of that small hole on the right hand side of the engine.:applause:

• gildnernorth101

Posted March 10, 2007 - 12:22 PM

Your exhuast valve maybe not closing all the way

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jbrooks26

Posted March 10, 2007 - 12:24 PM

Put a new plug in there and see if it starts. The oily residue could be just that, it could be crud that has built up in there and is now coming out. Put a new plug in there, shoot some carb cleaner through the weep hole if you like to clean it up. That hole is there to allow water to run out of the plug well in the head. It could also be that your plug is loose and the oil is just fuel that has been pushed past the plug. Hope this helps.

Josh

• baja4lif3

Posted March 10, 2007 - 12:27 PM

Yea my gaskets in my oil lines on my wr426 just started leaking got them from oemthumpertalk and damn it is a lot cheaper then dealing with a dealer.

• sheeks

Posted March 10, 2007 - 03:00 PM

Put a new plug in there and see if it starts. The oily residue could be just that, it could be crud that has built up in there and is now coming out. Put a new plug in there, shoot some carb cleaner through the weep hole if you like to clean it up. That hole is there to allow water to run out of the plug well in the head. It could also be that your plug is loose and the oil is just fuel that has been pushed past the plug. Hope this helps.

Josh

thx for that mate i will pull the plug tomorow and c if its that i hope it is cause i aint no mechanic like u guys so if tis not will have to put the bike into my yamaha dealer,then time to open the wallet i guess.:applause:

• sheeks

Posted March 11, 2007 - 08:22 AM

thx for the help guys,pulled the plug today and found it to be fouled big time,cleaned it fired it back in and first kick she fired.It was very cold here so i thought i would have to get the hair dryier out but no she fired up first kick.
just like to say thx to all that takes the time to help others out on this fourm.

• 86 cr250r

Posted March 11, 2007 - 05:48 PM

could have fixed ma cr while u were there eh , BAM LOL

• jbrooks26

Posted March 12, 2007 - 08:04 AM

No problem man, glad we could help.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.