Please confirm - 06 AIS kit works on 07?

9 replies to this topic
  • Jammer

Posted March 10, 2007 - 06:37 AM

I just checked with my dealer here in Canada, and the AIS kit GYT-5TJ93-69-01 does not show with Yamaha online or in the manuals. They do list the GYT-5TJ93-69-00, which I believe is for the 06. I have read that the 06 kit works on the 07. If this is correct, problem may be solved. I have a friend in the US who could get me the 07 kit, but it would be a lot easier if the 06 one would work.

Please confirm.

• mxcowboy

Posted March 10, 2007 - 08:22 AM

NO it will not work.
Search for your answer and it will be answered a lot quicker next time.

• Jammer

Posted March 10, 2007 - 08:29 AM

Well, Mr. Poopy-Pants, I did some reading & this is why I asked:

02-05-2007, 11:39 AM #2 (permalink)
atkinse

TT Member

Re: 07 Sputtering at high speed- is this normal?

Your problem will be solved when you do the AIS, its like biulding a V8 motor without carbs. Once all is done you will be happy, I promise. You can use the 06 AIS kit, there have been several posts on the toppic. We all used 06 kits and they worked just fine.

• SXP

Posted March 10, 2007 - 08:55 AM

I just checked with my dealer here in Canada, and the AIS kit GYT-5TJ93-69-01 does not show with Yamaha online or in the manuals. They do list the GYT-5TJ93-69-00, which I believe is for the 06. I have read that the 06 kit works on the 07. If this is correct, problem may be solved. I have a friend in the US who could get me the 07 kit, but it would be a lot easier if the 06 one would work.

Please confirm.

The 07 kit was released here about a week or so ago, but it is available as I have one in my hand right now. I'd wait for the 07 kit to show up there as then you would not have to fabricate a block-off plate if you used the 06 kit.

• Jammer

Posted March 10, 2007 - 09:23 AM

Excellent info! Appreciate it.

That's why TT is the best - someone knows!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted March 10, 2007 - 09:25 AM

Here's a pic of everything that comes in the 07 kit. Compare it to the 06 and decide for yourself if it's worth the hassle of fabbing parts. Hope this helps:thumbsup:

http://img.photobuck...it/07AISKit.jpg

• Lowedog

Posted March 10, 2007 - 06:44 PM

TT also offers a kit for the 2007 which has the block off plate. :applause:

-Lowedog

• clark4131

Posted March 10, 2007 - 08:40 PM

TT also offers a kit for the 2007 which has the block off plate. :applause:

-Lowedog

Howdy stranger, I haven't seen a post from you in quite a while. Are you still the source for the TT kit or have you passed that on to someone else?...SC

• Jammer

Posted March 11, 2007 - 03:03 PM

\Thanks all, for the advice & info. I just ordered up the TT kit, so it should be here in a few days.

• Lowedog

Posted March 13, 2007 - 08:45 AM

Howdy stranger, I haven't seen a post from you in quite a while. Are you still the source for the TT kit or have you passed that on to someone else?...SC

Hey SC, I'm still around. Don't post much these days, just check in once in awhile. Yes, I'm still supplying TT with the WR AIS kits. Nice of Yamaha to keep it on there!:applause:

Later,
Lowedog

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.