Help in Jetting

6 replies to this topic
  • maracas

Posted March 09, 2007 - 09:24 AM

Hi i have a WR450 2006

Already made the mods
grey wire, remove snorkel and cut the edges on the air box, pro moto billet silent insert, removed AIS, Throttle Screw.

But my bike still a bit weak on the first half of the throttle.

i know it needs jetting
i live in sea leavel plus 1700 feet

does the fuel mix srew will help?

i have main jet 165 (stock)
Pilot Jet 45 (stock)
Leak Jet 50 (stock)
jet Needle NFNT (stock)

which will be the correct jetting?

please don not refer me to the tutorials, just please coment me what to do.

Thanks

• clark4131

Posted March 09, 2007 - 09:38 AM

Thanks

That's what the tutorials are there for. YOU have to determine what the correct jetting is. NO ONE can do it for you unless you want to take it to a professional, and then there are still no guarantees. Look at the jetting database, find the description that best matches your bike and go from there :lol: :applause: :lol:...SC

• Dirtskills

Posted March 09, 2007 - 09:51 AM

48 pilot, DTR-4 needle in 4th slot and 2 turns out on the air screw worked good
on my 05&06 wr450.thats what came in the AIS kit for that year. I did your same mods,
and the bike runs strong.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR450RICKO

Posted March 09, 2007 - 12:38 PM

on my 05&06 wr450.thats what came in the AIS kit for that year. I did your same mods,

ditto

• WR450RICKO

Posted March 09, 2007 - 12:40 PM

Just rode in San Felipe with this set up. Smooth power through the band with no popping. My air screw is turned 2 3/4 out.

• muddyken

Posted March 09, 2007 - 01:33 PM

Thanks[/QUOTE]

i used 170 main 48 pilot 4th clip on jet needle and 1 1/2 turns out on fuel screw on my 06 wr450 but it was trial and error. i would not expect all 06 450`s to run well with these settings as each bike is unique and each needs setting up individualy.
unless you are prepered to read the info in the threads and try different settings until you get the best for your bike ( as i and many others have done ) i would get a proffesional to do it for you. it may cost you some bucks but its peace of mind and chaeper than a new engine if you mess it up big time.:applause:

• WR450RICKO

Posted March 11, 2007 - 05:12 PM

Just rode in San Felipe with this set up. Smooth power through the band with no popping. My air screw is turned 2 3/4 out.

Prior to the trip, I had the Zip Ty air screw put in by the dealer. 2 3/4 out is where the dyno indicated optimum efficiency. He did say every 06' wr450 is different. You must experiment or take it in and have the professional get er done. It cost about $100 and well worth it.
Good luck

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.