Anyone tried the acerbis 1.6gal aux tank

5 replies to this topic
  • XR_mad

Posted March 09, 2007 - 03:10 AM

just wondering if anyone has tried the tank that goes on the rear fender and if it gets in the way etc thanks :applause:

• CTXr650L

Posted March 09, 2007 - 09:34 AM

ive seen that one listed in the catolog and have been wondering the same thing myself, almost ordered one then decided to wait til i actually needed it instead of just having another toy in the garage. looks kinda promising, wouldnt get in the way anymore than the seatbag i run.

• Doalldnk

Posted March 11, 2007 - 09:57 AM

Someone posted this on another site. I have not tryed it but it is low profile and and says it can be stacked. http://secure.mycart...&showprevnext=1

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr650l bum

Posted March 11, 2007 - 11:04 AM

A cheaper way is to use camping stove fuel bottles! Like Msr or Sigg. I carry a 1 liter aluminum fuel bottle in a water bottle bag. I put it in the nylon bag just so it is more secure when bunging to the rack. Or I can carry in my back pack. .02

• XR_mad

Posted March 11, 2007 - 11:54 PM

problem is on long trips i dont wanna have to stop to refill, plus over here you can only fill approved containers so then i would have to take a jerry can to the servo to fill them

• CTXr650L

Posted March 12, 2007 - 05:58 AM

hey, i stumbled across this link and theyre in austrailia too :applause: http://www.nomadtanks.com/ looks a little more low profile than the acerbis one

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.