Which fork oil?

23 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted March 19, 2007 - 09:07 AM

Yes, you can add fork oil through the vents. In doing this, understand that you are reducing the amount of captive air in the fork, and in effect, increasing the "compression ratio" of that air. This will increase the peak air pressure within the fork when compressed, which in turn will increase the effective spring rate slightly. It will also increase the load on your seals, since they will have to contain that pressure.

• red7

Posted March 19, 2007 - 11:40 AM

Yes, you can add fork oil through the vents. In doing this, understand that you are reducing the amount of captive air in the fork, and in effect, increasing the "compression ratio" of that air. This will increase the peak air pressure within the fork when compressed, which in turn will increase the effective spring rate slightly. It will also increase the load on your seals, since they will have to contain that pressure.

Thanks GR! This is really just to get me by until April and my seals don't show any signs of leaking so I think I'm ok. Should I go in 5cc increments or does it sound like I could start with 10cc?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 19, 2007 - 12:10 PM

Go with 5cc. It's a lot harder to get the oil back out.

• N2Roost

Posted March 19, 2007 - 06:13 PM

OK, this is slightly off topic here but when I saw this I thought about your problem.

We all have out opinions and I place my trust in those with LOTS of experience. I maintain the only way to go is with individually set up suspension other attemps are usually bandaids.

Maybe this can help you out?? http://www.tgtracing.com/

I race desert and Grand Prix and will follow the product closely for feedback.

Don't bash me too hard for getting off topic....

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.