!?!?!?!?not a good decision maker!?!?!?!?

10 replies to this topic
  • dimebag230

Posted March 08, 2007 - 06:01 PM

:lol: i am 13 and am looking 4 a new bike i looked at a wr at a dealership and wanted to know if you guys could tell me how much$$$ it would take to keep it maintenenced and if there is a big difference in 450 and 250
-----HELP PLEASE!!!!------:applause:

• CJ06WR

Posted March 08, 2007 - 09:12 PM

With a name like "dimebag" or anything else that supports the use of illegal drugs, exspecially from a 13 year old, you will not get any advice from me. Change your user name and do a search.

• JSanfilippo

Posted March 08, 2007 - 10:26 PM

:lol: i am 13

Stick to kiddie bikes

and am looking 4 a new bike i looked at a wr at a dealership and wanted to know if you guys could tell me how much$$$ it would take to keep it maintenenced

A lot...but not nearly as much as a honda :lol:

quoteand if there is a big difference in 450 and 250

The difference gigantnormous

• CRF45OX

Posted March 08, 2007 - 10:38 PM

if your only 13.... these bikes are pretty heavy to pick up when you lay them down, especially when up hills.

the seats are also pretty tall, did you sit on one?

anyway get the 450 and you might be the next generations ricky carmichael.

• JSanfilippo

Posted March 08, 2007 - 11:47 PM

if your only 13.... these bikes are pretty heavy to pick up when you lay them down, especially when up hills.

It depends. My cousin was 13 when he got his YZ 250f and he handled it fine. Hell he handled my TT-R pretty good too and the TT-R has at least 30 lbs over the WR 250f and about 5-10 lbs over the WR 450f :applause:

At 13 he was about 5'10 and 245 lbs :lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kerosene

Posted March 09, 2007 - 07:35 AM

my advice is to buy used. With careful shopping you can get a good bike for the half the price of new - if you are willing to go to 426. If you get lucky and choose well you'll get good extras with the bikes too. That will leave you money for oil and gas + occasional broken and bent items.

Ride it 2 years and you can still sell it for 2 grand - going from 3G$ to 2G$ is less painfull than going from 7G$ to 3-4G$.

• tony1970

Posted March 09, 2007 - 12:35 PM

:lol: i am 13 and am looking 4 a new bike i looked at a wr at a dealership and wanted to know if you guys could tell me how much$$$ it would take to keep it maintenenced and if there is a big difference in 450 and 250

Too much for a 13yo. Unless your parents have some deep pockets. My advice is to stay in school, get a job, buy an old XR, suffer like the rest of us have, and quit day dreaming.:lol:

• kerosene

Posted March 09, 2007 - 03:15 PM

well I think some guys are making asumption that the original poster is eirther spoiled brat or total newbie.

Dime - what is your previous riding experience? It is quite a lot heavier bike than 2-smokes. What is your physical size and previous bike? Have you ever raced?

If you don't have a lot of riding experience with bigger bikes I think WR is not going to be the funnest option fo you.

• xr250ryder

Posted March 09, 2007 - 09:42 PM

If this is going to be his first bike, and he ends up with a 450... he will end up in the hospital... :applause:

• Hot Rod Todd

Posted March 10, 2007 - 12:18 PM

With a name like "dimebag" or anything else that supports the use of illegal drugs, exspecially from a 13 year old, you will not get any advice from me. Change your user name and do a search.

if you tell a kid to change his name and do a search, do you think that is advice? sounds like it to me. i would guess that you are now supporting illegal drugs too!

don't do drugs, and stay in school.

• baja4lif3

Posted March 10, 2007 - 12:23 PM

It depends. My cousin was 13 when he got his YZ 250f and he handled it fine. Hell he handled my TT-R pretty good too and the TT-R has at least 30 lbs over the WR 250f and about 5-10 lbs over the WR 450f :applause:

At 13 he was about 5'10 and 245 lbs :lol:

DAMN:eek: that is a pretty big kid. Well get a 250 the only difference is top end because i have owned both but the wr426 i have feels lighter then my 01wr250 i used to have.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.