Leaving the club... ahhh the memories

5 replies to this topic
  • justicedone

Posted March 08, 2007 - 02:18 PM

I joined TT a few years ago, as a new owner of a bone stock (weak ass) 2003 XR650L. Reading the likes of Dave's work and seeing all the cool things you could do with the L model...I was hooked! Many a member helped my bike become an offroad beast compared to its stock form. Thanks MSG,BWB,AC Giant, Fuct, Chickenheart, and man many others, for all the help along the way.

I got a hair up my ass and sold my beloved XR650L on craigslist yesterday, to a guy who drove from Arizona to Cali, to buy my BRP. I got $4000 for it which is exactly what I paid 2.5yrs ago for her. Then I bought a 2006 CRF450r for the same $4000. I had to throw in an xbox360 and a few games... but I would rather ride a new bike than play games...lol

The bike is SWEET, dude bought it last summer for $8000.00 with a full year extended warranty still left on her. Its gonna be fun learing to ride all over again, he he

Twice the damn power with half the weight...feels that way at least.

Anyway, I have had a GREAT time in this forum...had some laughs, made some friends, and LEARNED a lot. So thanks to all you cool members, even the young kid who pisses others off, and the Ol man in Florida :lol:

you guys rock, so keep on doin what ya doin :lol:

Laters fellers

Jim :applause:

Heres a pic of my bike in my garage, check it out and comment or blast me for the change..lol

http://www.thumperta...achmentid=37224

• rebelventurer

Posted March 08, 2007 - 03:55 PM

Jim, hate to hear that your now pigless :applause: But you have found a very clean ride there, looks modded already, pipe and radiator braces an all. Just curious who were you referring to in this statement
"Anyway, I have had a GREAT time in this forum...had some laughs, made some friends, and LEARNED a lot. So thanks to all you cool members, even the young kid who pisses others off, and the Ol man in Florida "
The old man part, that is.
I have had the mx itch too, with my boy being coached by Colleen Millsaps and Brian Johnson, I found an 05 Yamaha yzf 250 for $1100, it needed a few bolts and a good cleaning, valves adjusted, but hey I was able to keep my pig and have the play toy too.
Take care old man!

• GIANTac1

Posted March 08, 2007 - 06:43 PM

Hey bud, NICE RIDE! So no more supermans on the XR? I will get back down there to hook up with you and dust you on my outdated, under-powered "L". Stand by! Miss you slim!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bork

Posted March 08, 2007 - 07:07 PM

I was wandering who he was calling old also?

• justicedone

Posted March 08, 2007 - 08:30 PM

I was giving Rebel V some love, cause he's just a tad older than my rusty framed flat tired 42 year old bike...I mean body.

I installed the exhaust system (full) myself, the seller gave it to me brand new in the package, I already modded her before my first ride...

you know how we do it !!!

• GIANTac1

Posted March 08, 2007 - 09:21 PM

I was giving Rebel V some love, cause he's just a tad older than my rusty framed flat tired 42 year old bike...I mean body.

I installed the exhaust system (full) myself, the seller gave it to me brand new in the package, I already modded her before my first ride...

you know how we do it !!!

Beat it dude!:applause:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.