07 question about AIS/mods...

3 replies to this topic
  • BigBelly

Posted March 08, 2007 - 02:05 PM

There was a post over on the Honda page where someone asked if the somg stuff could be blocked off but still left on the bike so that it still looks like stock or an emmisions compliant bike. Can this be done on the WR?

I am supposed to be getting mine this weekend (if it comes in) and with all the other AIS posts on this forum, I hadn't seen this one mentioned. I have read about building your own block-off plate and using the 06 kit, I just hadn't heard about being able to uncork it and still keep it stock looking.

The new C.A.R.B green/red sticker info is posted and Forrest Hill, Stony, Georgetown are all marked open Year-round regardless of sticker color. Being that I ride these areas most in the Summer months, it makes me wonder why I'm so dead set on a green sticker bike that (after mods) isn't really a compliant bike afterall.

I don't know. Friggin tree-huggers.........

• SXP

Posted March 08, 2007 - 02:37 PM

There was a post over on the Honda page where someone asked if the somg stuff could be blocked off but still left on the bike so that it still looks like stock or an emmisions compliant bike. Can this be done on the WR?

I am supposed to be getting mine this weekend (if it comes in) and with all the other AIS posts on this forum, I hadn't seen this one mentioned. I have read about building your own block-off plate and using the 06 kit, I just hadn't heard about being able to uncork it and still keep it stock looking.

The new C.A.R.B green/red sticker info is posted and Forrest Hill, Stony, Georgetown are all marked open Year-round regardless of sticker color. Being that I ride these areas most in the Summer months, it makes me wonder why I'm so dead set on a green sticker bike that (after mods) isn't really a compliant bike afterall.

I don't know. Friggin tree-huggers.........

I still have my AIS kit on my bike with zero popping on decel and absolutely no performance degradation. So, IMHO, if you are going to keep it on for appearance sake, then you may as well leave it fully functional:excuseme:

P.S. The 07 AIS kits are now available.

P.P.S. Removing the kit clears up some space in an impossibly confined area and makes working on the carb a lot easier. To me, this is the only tangible benefit of removing the AIS kit (and some minor weight reduction).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fLUNX

Posted March 08, 2007 - 03:13 PM

can you give the part number of the 07 version?
regards, fLAVIO

• SXP

Posted March 08, 2007 - 10:22 PM

can you give the part number of the 07 version?
regards, fLAVIO

GYT-5TJ93-69-01

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.