Font and rear axle puller

6 replies to this topic
  • Grum_from_Oz

Posted January 22, 2002 - 03:42 PM

Hello all TTalkers,

I need the inside diameter of the front and rear axles. I am making some axle pullers that will ease axle removal. The WRF/pig/beast etc etc is in storage and I don't have immediate access to my bike.

Could anyone get those measurment figures for me?

• Guy

Posted January 22, 2002 - 10:20 PM

:) What year is it?, I believe the 98's had a different set up to the later models. :D

• Grum_from_Oz

Posted January 23, 2002 - 12:21 PM

Thanks mate. My bike is an 99 model. All I am after is the inside diameter of the hollow front and rear axle.
I am making a tool that will remain clamped to the inside of the axle much similar to the way a set of bark busters clamps to the end of the bars.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guy

Posted January 23, 2002 - 12:48 PM

:) Grum , it's your lucky day mate!
my bike is a 99 so I will measure the internal Tubes an post them up here for you! :D

• yamaha.dude

Posted January 23, 2002 - 02:19 PM

Maybe you don't want to reinvent the wheel (no pun intended)...

Ballards in Sydney already do such a thing... I believe they are about AU$30.

Just in case you didn't know...

• Grum_from_Oz

Posted January 23, 2002 - 08:14 PM

Yami-dude - I looked up ballards and they are going to cost $40 each. At work I have access to a lathe, mill and material so I figured why not make them myself for two hours of my time?

Guy - don't worry about the measurements. I'll have access to my bike over the weekend. I think its about time for a MAJOR grease/bearing service. Thanks anyway mate.

Cheers and keep it on the back wheel.

• yamaha.dude

Posted January 24, 2002 - 02:56 PM

Hey Grum,

If it's a CNC lathe, save the program, you may be able to flog a few here on TT... :D

Bet you make your own Kouaba handle's too huh? :)

Good luck...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.