Yamaha Had My 06 Jetted Right Afterall

9 replies to this topic
  • kxman

Posted March 07, 2007 - 06:29 PM

I had changed my jetting to a 48 pilot and 170 main before I even started the bike new. Looks like that was a mistake. Today was the 1st time I have been able to ride in 12 weeks due to shoulder surgery. It was a nice day, 65 degrees F. My elevation is 414 feet above sea level. I was taking it slow and trying to dial in the jetting on the bike. I have an hour meter/tach installed and used this to help me find the highest idle when adjusting the fuel screw. Wouldn't you know it, after trying a 48 and then 45 pilot i ended up with the stock 42 and 2 turns out on the fuel screw. Prety much where it was when delivered. Just thought I would share this for those who are still chasing you jetting.

• Baron Von Beard

Posted March 07, 2007 - 07:53 PM

I find that the pilot is too lean, the AP squirt is too long and squirts too much fuel and the main jet is too rich. The 170 main is way too much! 45-48 pilot is acceptable if the AP squirt is brought into check. If not, deal with the popping of a 42 pilot. The main is good in a range of 160 -165. Unless at higher altitude where a 158 would be dandy.

• AlkalineOne

Posted March 07, 2007 - 10:37 PM

im really getting tired of people telling us stuff we already know.... and i think this thread was a statement... not a question

• kxman

Posted March 08, 2007 - 03:24 AM

I forgot to say this but I had already switched back to the stock 165 main and wired the A/P per Barons thread and went to a 65 leak jet. My bike doesn't pop very much on decel and runs very crisp. Maybe I am missing something here about choosing the right pilot, if so please correct me. When adjusting my Zip-Ty fuel screw with the 48 or 45 pilot in you could close the fuel screw almost completely off and the bike would keep idleing. As a matter of fact it wouldn't even slow down much. With the 42 installed highest idle RPM was achieved with the fuel screw 2 turns out. Is this not the correct way to select a pilot jet?

• kxman

Posted March 08, 2007 - 03:30 AM

One other thing Barron. When I wired my A/P I didn't adjust anything on the linkage. Should I adjust the screw on the linkage? Which way and how much do I turn it to lessen the squirt. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 08, 2007 - 09:28 AM

im really getting tired of people telling us stuff we already know.... and i think this thread was a statement... not a question

First, is there a rule I don't know of regarding making statements rather than asking questions?

And, I just have to warn you that when you're as knowledgeable as you are, you're frequently going to hear things you already know, so I think you should put some effort into adjusting to that.

• Yamahafan

Posted March 08, 2007 - 10:34 AM

Isn't it amazing that ALL 22 year-olds already know everything?:applause:

• kxman

Posted March 08, 2007 - 11:51 AM

I proof read everything except the title and it won't let me change that. I of course meant to say Jetted, not jetter, hey look I made a new word.

• grayracer513

Posted March 08, 2007 - 12:26 PM

I proof read everything except the title and it won't let me change that. I of course meant to say Jetted, not jetter, hey look I made a new word.

There. Happy? :applause:

• kxman

Posted March 08, 2007 - 02:46 PM

There. Happy? :applause:

Yes, thanks

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.