Need new triple clamp

8 replies to this topic
  • Super Dude

Posted March 07, 2007 - 06:07 PM

just pick up some 1 1/8 bars for my 04 yz450f and now i need some new upper triple clamps.... How are these?

http://shop.thumpert...t.asp?p=412&s=2

Is there better ones? I thought i read here about using offset triple clamp on the 04. to do that do i need to change upper and lower? What benifits will the offset have over stock?

Thanks
SD

• Super Dude

Posted March 08, 2007 - 06:55 AM

nobody?

• KJ790

Posted March 08, 2007 - 07:19 AM

For offset tripple clamps you have to buy top and bottom. They change the steering geometry and make it handle differently. If you want to save money you can buy 1 1/8 bar adapters for your existing clamp. They cost like 30 bucks.

• Super Dude

Posted March 08, 2007 - 08:08 AM

For offset tripple clamps you have to buy top and bottom. They change the steering geometry and make it handle differently. If you want to save money you can buy 1 1/8 bar adapters for your existing clamp. They cost like 30 bucks.

who makes them?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stoney55

Posted March 08, 2007 - 08:14 AM

I put the pro taper triple clamps on my 05 and it has plenty of adgustments and a neoprene cusion that helps with arm pump, raising the forks and putting the bars one notch forward on the clamp adjustment really helped with cornering. good luck

• KJ790

Posted March 08, 2007 - 09:18 AM

who makes them?

A lot of companies make them, look around. I know that Moose makes some.

• TexN343

Posted March 08, 2007 - 03:19 PM

If you have stock triple clamps you have to at least replace the top triple clamps. I bought some of those universal mounts and they don't work with the stock clamps. I replaced the top triple clamp with a pro taper R3. It is adjustable at the top like the one you linked but they don't have the rubber parts. They are great clamps and I love how I can change the bars forward or backwards. It changes the way it steers dramatically. Big thumbs. Cost me about 165 for the clamps.

• RIDE 13

Posted March 09, 2007 - 10:30 PM

:lol: I run RG3 clamps,love em.You can't beat 4 post rubber mount!!!:applause:

• moontana

Posted March 10, 2007 - 12:26 AM

instead of buying triple clamps why not buy a flex handle bar by fast company that would be better.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.