Extra crap removal question.

4 replies to this topic
  • sjwr450

Posted March 07, 2007 - 05:59 PM

I'm removing the AIS, and a bunch of other crap on my 07. This bike is strictly for desert races. Can I remove the lower breather and cap it? Why does the new bike have 2?

• sjwr450

Posted March 07, 2007 - 07:58 PM

Come on guys why would the engine need 2 breathers?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted March 08, 2007 - 07:05 AM

Come on guys why would the engine need 2 breathers?

If you are referring to the two thick tubes going into the air box, I believe one is the actual breather and the other is from the AIS. I haven't gotten around to doing the AIS removal thing, and as it's impossible to follow the tubes with everything buttoned up, I'm not absolutely sure.

• WR_Dave

Posted March 08, 2007 - 07:18 AM

I'm not sure why there is a hose to the starter drive housing, but I suspect with the way it was routed that Yamaha was using that hose to drain any oil in the hose back to the engine via the starter housing. I'm not sure on this and maybe someone can give a better explanation. I don't really see why there needs to be a hose down there either. I rerouted my breather hoses into a different configuration and left the starter hose on , but I would remove it totally if we don't need it. :applause: WR Dave.

• sjwr450

Posted March 08, 2007 - 07:36 AM

Great, simplicty is better.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.