Maxiss rear tire, what's the diff in Desert IT and IT?

7 replies to this topic
  • Summit

Posted March 07, 2007 - 02:49 PM

Besides $15 more for the Desert IT, what's the difference in the two?

• Seabass

Posted March 07, 2007 - 02:55 PM

The Desert IT has a beefier side wall. If I'm changing them myself I go with the regular IT, which is easier to mount.

• elgatoprerunner

Posted March 07, 2007 - 03:58 PM

the desert it is the longest lasting desert tire i have ever had.

• Dube2

Posted March 08, 2007 - 08:11 AM

Hey I'm kinda cheap, live on a budget and don't like buying tires every two months. So I tried the desert IT, only after three or so rides and I noticed the huge ware and knobs breaking off. Mostly ride in the cal deserts, Barstow, Cal City, and Ocotillo Wells. Heard a lot about the M.D.I.T. and I thought is was the one tire I used the least. I still want to try the M.D.I.T. 120 or 130? :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kskyles

Posted March 08, 2007 - 09:24 AM

the dessert maxxis IT does have a much stiffer sidewall. it lasted me a long time in the arizona desert.

i've also had good luck with the kenda carlsbad tire.

• clark4131

Posted March 08, 2007 - 12:12 PM

the dessert maxxis IT does have a much stiffer sidewall...

Does the "dessert" IT come with sprinkles or nuts? I couldn't resist...

I just mounted a new standard IT on the rear wheel this morning and I'm not going back to the desert version for one reason. The standard is so much easier to mount. Combined with the UHD tubes I run, it is damn near impossible to mount/remove without a tire machine. BTW, the Transworld MX video w/ Doug Shopinsky is great for fine tuning your tire mounting skills. I used a couple of his tricks and it went on like buttah...SC

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted March 08, 2007 - 12:15 PM

Does the "dessert" IT come with sprinkles or nuts? I couldn't resist...

I just mounted a new standard IT on the rear wheel this morning and I'm not going back to the desert version for one reason. The standard is so much easier to mount. Combined with the UHD tubes I run, it is damn near impossible to mount/remove without a tire machine. BTW, the Transworld MX video w/ Doug Shopinsky is great for fine tuning your tire mounting skills. I used a couple of his tricks and it went on like buttah...SC

did you do a 110 or 120? hows the dr d pipe working out? never did get a review. mine is at home it will be on saturday night and will be out sunday to test ride all day

• clark4131

Posted March 08, 2007 - 01:12 PM

I put on another 120 as that's all I run. Other than up and down the block, I haven't given the Dr. D a good check ride. From what I've seen however, the Dr. D is a great pipe and also seems quieter than the Ti Powercore. My low end also seems a little better. I'm going riding in a few days, after which I'll post my final opinion...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.