Woods riding exhaust suggestions?

7 replies to this topic
  • Joel_Gibson

Posted January 22, 2002 - 01:25 PM

I am thinking of replacing the stock exhaust system and vortip insert with a new header and muffler. I have a 98 WR and I am more concerned with low to mid range power. I ride in the wood where I frequently have to loft the front end over trees and rocks or need to accelerate through whoops sections. Very little high speed stuff.
I would like to get a system which isn't too loud but I realize this is a performance trade-off. Any suggestions?

• lewichris

Posted January 22, 2002 - 01:57 PM

mine came with a mega max fmf pipe. it has 6 discs on it. it works great. i do the same kinds of riding

• Jekel

Posted January 22, 2002 - 03:24 PM

I am running a Supertrapp on my 99WR and have had good results. I also have the power bomb header just installed. Good Stuff :)

• crs

Posted January 22, 2002 - 03:50 PM

I am running the Big Gun Queit series system and am very happy with it. It makes good power all around and isn't ear shattering like some of the systems.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • marty_mosley

Posted January 22, 2002 - 04:52 PM

CRS- I was woundering if you purchased header and muffler and what kind of power increase compared to a stock unplugged system. I have been looking at those for a while.

• marty_mosley

Posted January 22, 2002 - 04:54 PM

CRS- I was woundering if you purchased header and muffler and what kind of power increase compared to a stock unplugged system. I have been looking at those for a while.

• crs

Posted January 23, 2002 - 04:56 AM

I bought the complete system. I did several mods at the same time so it was hard to tell for sure, but it feels comparable to stock unplugged on the top and has a better bottom to mid pull. It is also a lot quiter than stock unplugged (the quiet series), a lot lighter, and a lot slimmer. The YZ sideplates fit with the new muffler. Hope this helps. Not to confuse the issue, but a freind just bought the DR D system for his YZ250F and it also looks like a very nice system, and it runs real well. I am not sure how quiet it is though, if that is an issue.
crs

• Buck

Posted January 25, 2002 - 04:25 AM

I run a FMF power bomb header with the power core IV squared silencer with the quiet endcap. It isn't very quiet (102dbs at the last enduro) but the power seems pretty good. I had a FMFmega max before this and I really, really, really liked it. Good power and QUIET!!!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.