YZ450F question (won't start)

2 replies to this topic
  • twosixtwo

Posted March 07, 2007 - 11:00 AM

I have a 2004 YZ450F, it has a brand new top end on it, less than an hour, my issue is that it is a mother grabber to start it, I have to pull start it with my Ranger so that it will start. I have also tried finding the compression stroke and all that other madness, it wasn't even this hard to start it when it was new. Could it be that it doesn't have the correct cams in it or what..........My freaking ankle is sore from trying to start this bad boy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 07, 2007 - 11:24 AM

Check the cam timing and valve clearances. If the bike sat for a significant period while being overhauled, check the interior of the carb for blocked passages.

• twosixtwo

Posted March 07, 2007 - 11:36 AM

I've checked the carbs and it's clean, The guy that built it for me did some shady work and I think he might have put the wrong cams in there...........

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.