BRP = 115 hp? This can't be right

7 replies to this topic
  • tracetrimble

Posted March 06, 2007 - 08:04 PM

This ad popped up on the local craigslist... I can almost buy the 67 hp stock claim, but +48 more by uncorking? 115? Seriously? If so, wow. :applause:

http://austin.craigs.../289620164.html

* * * * 2000 Big Red Pig Honda XR650R * * * * UNCORKED POWER * * * * - $3999

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: see below
Date: 2007-03-06, 6:30PM CST

2000 Honda XR650R - Serious Buyers Only Please

This 4-Stroke XR650R still has everything original, even the tires

The only thing ever done to it was that is has been what they call "uncorked"

Uncorking takes the original 67Hp (nice stock power, believe me) and adds 48Hp more by doing a few simple modifications. It now has 115Hp, a whole new bike.
Read up on it at: http://www.4strokes....nda/uncork_brp/

This Big Red Pig is very powerful! No one EVER says anything different after they've taken it for a spin.

Less than 700 miles on it total (seriously). 675 miles (give or take a few) by me personally and the 25 miles or less (Probably Less) by friend test drivers

Very few wrecks on this bike and no wrecks required any tool to fix anything, in other words simple wrecks that gave me and the bike a few scratches and then we were back up and riding again.

I hate to sell but its time, this bike is from the Littleton Colorado area where we moved from 4 years ago. It was used a few times for trail riding in groups. The groups were mostly family members including young children. Since bring it from Colorado it hasn't really been riden more than a few mintues here and there (to keep it running nicely.

A test drive can be arranged for serious buyers that have a valid texas drivers license with them when test riding or a parent with a valid license with them.

$3999 OBO Must Sell!

• HawkGT

Posted March 06, 2007 - 09:59 PM

That's funny. I wouldn't buy anything from someone that ignorant about his equipment.

• stuckinUT

Posted March 06, 2007 - 10:02 PM

115 hp,ya right.Thats streetbike power,not a 600 class powerplants type of power.Piped and all youd maybe if ur lucky,80 given stock is "67".700 miles,dream on!More like 7000 miles.By the way it sounds this wouldnt be a good choice.

• tracetrimble

Posted March 07, 2007 - 07:07 AM

This is pretty much what I was expecting to hear. I love BRPs, but not really in the market - just thought this sounded pretty ridiculous. I think 600 cc sportbikes can get up around 115, but they also have to turn about 15,000 rpms on 4 cylinders to do it.

My 380 2t makes right at 50 hp stock, which is why I could "almost" believe the 67 stock claim.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • squatpuke

Posted March 07, 2007 - 09:57 AM

Isn't stock HP on the XR like 38? 45 uncorked?

At least in that neighborhood?

• rebelventurer

Posted March 07, 2007 - 10:15 AM

Yep, 38 bhp stock at sea level, 42 bhp uncorked, well tweaked with stock internals 48bhp, not rear wheel.
this guy is obviously full of himself, something like that! Price is high too!

• tracetrimble

Posted March 07, 2007 - 01:15 PM

So when you go to sell your bike, and you're writing your ad, just take those numbers and double them! No problem! :applause:

I really wonder what is going through peoples' minds when they do something like this... They obviously have zero business sense. I'd think they were just clueless, but the numbers are always skewed in their favor.

• rebelventurer

Posted March 07, 2007 - 05:48 PM

So when you go to sell your bike, and you're writing your ad, just take those numbers and double them! No problem! :lol:

I really wonder what is going through peoples' minds when they do something like this... They obviously have zero business sense. I'd think they were just clueless, but the numbers are always skewed in their favor.

You know what they say "theres one born every day" which should be changed to every second! :applause:

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.