What oil lasts the longest?

3 replies to this topic
  • XR250_RIDER_14

Posted March 06, 2007 - 06:40 PM

What oil will I be the safest to run. I want to run the oil as long as possible. What oil weight should I run? I think I'm gonna buy a bunch of amsoil. What is the best amsoil weight and which kind is the best and cheapest for the yzf/wet clutch.

Not starting an oil thread just want an answer cause im getting ready to just buy a lot.

• 642MX

Posted March 06, 2007 - 06:51 PM

Please use the search feature! This topic has been beat to death. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 02YZ426

Posted March 06, 2007 - 08:23 PM

Well if you want to run the oil for longer definitely use synthetic. I always run 10W40. Its really best to change the oil after every good ride if you can. What bike are you running? The new 450s only hold 1L, so the oil is well used after a hard day of running.

• grayracer513

Posted March 06, 2007 - 08:30 PM

Your manual answers the weight question

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.