honda oil cooler on ebay with 0 bids

14 replies to this topic
  • drtlvr

Posted March 06, 2007 - 01:41 PM

Item number: 190088692154

• MCCOYBOY

Posted March 06, 2007 - 03:36 PM

if your looking for 1 I have the summers racing oil cooler kit that I would part with. I'm getting ready to part out my 650l motard and that is one of the after market goodies I will be letting go.

• trxxr

Posted March 06, 2007 - 04:25 PM

PM sent..

• cbaranski

Posted March 06, 2007 - 05:45 PM

I'm watching that one for my 96 xr600.

• dstark

Posted March 06, 2007 - 08:00 PM

I'm watching that one too, probably along with 75 other people now. :applause:

• miguelitro

Posted March 06, 2007 - 09:06 PM

I have an old xr400 cooler sitting around anyone interested???...its just collecting dust. i dont know what the logistics are with trying to hook it up:confused: and dont want it or need it.

• miguelitro

Posted March 07, 2007 - 07:26 AM

i got acouple pm's about that cooler...I really hate dealing with shipping and all that. i'd really rather not...sorry. anyone local(so cal) wants it?

we will see what happens though when i get a little time. with the baja 250 this weekend and 2 days of baja ridinng to go with it i'm alittle busy
Mike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MCCOYBOY

Posted March 07, 2007 - 10:50 AM

You have to buy the oil lines before you can install the oil cooler. I tryed to find the needed stuff to do so at a local hydrolic hose shop and they told me that the connectors that I needed wasn't avalable. I got sick of looking and just bought the summers racing kit and it mounted great.

• dstark

Posted March 08, 2007 - 09:48 AM

Anyone hear get that oil cooler?

• miguelitro

Posted March 08, 2007 - 07:02 PM

You have to buy the oil lines before you can install the oil cooler. I tryed to find the needed stuff to do so at a local hydrolic hose shop and they told me that the connectors that I needed wasn't avalable. I got sick of looking and just bought the summers racing kit and it mounted great.

i would agree with htis lots of specialty sizes on the brp

• chpxr

Posted March 08, 2007 - 08:03 PM

if anyone is interested i have a cooler in awsome shape with lines it's from a xr250 cheap it's just sitting in a box:cry:

• HeadTrauma

Posted March 09, 2007 - 08:59 PM

I'm in SoCal and if the price is right......... cash is too :applause:

EDIT: Around Lancaster/Antelope Valley.

• Jon-D

Posted March 10, 2007 - 08:02 AM

just curious,

I live and ride here in SoCal so it can get pretty hot. how do you know when your 600RR is overheated and how often does it really happen? are the oil coolers really necessary, at least on a stock motor?

• HeadTrauma

Posted March 10, 2007 - 11:41 AM

It's too hot when the oil temp goes to 300 degrees or more. Ideally it would be kept around 230-260. It needs to be hot enough to boil off any water condensation, but not so hot that the oil breaks down.

Unless you have a thermometer oil cap, you don't know it's too hot until something gets hurt. I run mine slightly rich and try to get healthy shots of high speed/low load cool off time, at least until I get fin extensions and an oil cooler.

Since Honda put them on the 250 and 400s, I interpret that to mean that the 600s could stand to have one also.

• MCCOYBOY

Posted March 10, 2007 - 01:57 PM

I have the summers racing cooler on my motarded 650l and oil temp hardly ever goes above 220.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.