07 wr450 3.3 gal gas tank

23 replies to this topic
  • gpdg50

Posted March 05, 2007 - 08:30 PM

can any one tell me where i can get a 3.3 gal gas tank that fits good.
thanks gpdg50
cant find anyone that makes them yet

• Seabass

Posted March 06, 2007 - 03:51 PM

IMS, Acerbis, and Clarke all make quality tanks. Don't know if you can get a 3.3 gallon, but you'll be close with all. (MY IMS tank on my '05 is 3.1 gallons, good for 85-95 miles.)

• Humunn

Posted March 06, 2007 - 06:28 PM

Clarke and IMS both have a 3.1 but I spoke to Clarke and they told me their 3.1 only fits up to an 06; it does not fit the 07 and they couldn't tell me when they would have it. The 06/07 IMS 3.1 for the YZ fits but you must replace the shrouds with YZ shrouds. If you do this the OEM graphics are 86 per SIDE but you can get a set of OEM knock offs from Rocky Mountain for 36 per PAIR.

• jams229

Posted March 06, 2007 - 07:41 PM

Ditto that. I have not found an after market tank for the '07 yet, other than IMS, and I really don't want to buy YZ shrouds. Seems like a waste.
I understand this is a new bike and everything, but I am disappointed that no
companies have stepped up with an offering yet.
For comparison, when the CRF450X was released in 2005, several aftermarket tanks were readily available. Honda definitely has the advantage here.

• WR_Dave

Posted March 06, 2007 - 08:22 PM

For comparison, when the CRF450X was released in 2005, several aftermarket tanks were readily available. Honda definitely has the advantage here.

Yeah , but you can't have any fun riding a red tank. LOL :-) WR Dave.

• WR_Dave

Posted March 08, 2007 - 09:46 AM

Does anyone have any pics (both sides) of the 3.? gal tanks on the new WR450f ? And were there any installation issues besides YZ shrouds? WR Dave

• SXP

Posted March 08, 2007 - 09:52 AM

Does anyone have any pics (both sides) of the 3.? gal tanks on the new WR450f ? And were there any installation issues besides YZ shrouds? WR Dave

The seat's a tight fit, but that's alleviated by putting a 1/8" spacer (I used a nylon washer) under the tank post to raise the post up.

I'll take some pics tonight if I remember.

• WR_Dave

Posted March 08, 2007 - 10:10 AM

Thanks SXP. Check your PM's for my e-mail address if that makes it any easier to send pics. WR Dave.

• SXP

Posted March 08, 2007 - 09:59 PM

Thanks SXP. Check your PM's for my e-mail address if that makes it any easier to send pics. WR Dave.

Here you go.....

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• WR_Dave

Posted March 09, 2007 - 04:59 AM

Thanks SXP-I've got one on the way to my house. WR Dave.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dirtskills

Posted March 09, 2007 - 10:01 AM

Looks good, Im gonna have to step up to the plate and pick one up.
I hate hitting the reserve every ride.

• BigIan

Posted March 09, 2007 - 11:37 AM

Which manufacturer makes that tank?
Ian:confused:

• BigIan

Posted March 09, 2007 - 11:44 AM

d"oh! never mind...

• fkuttner

Posted March 09, 2007 - 09:35 PM

Where are you all purchasing these?
How much were they?
which year YZ shrouds do you need?
Many thanks!!!
Fabian

• WR_Dave

Posted March 09, 2007 - 10:10 PM

I live in Canada, so i got the tank and shrouds through a Canadian supplier, but the TT store can fix you up nicely. The tank and shrouds were comparable priced after exchanges and duties and taxes ( UPS screws us hard up here). The shrouds are off of a same year YZf as your WR. Member SXP has been a great resource ,for me anyway, with pics and info. It must be nice to be able access the parts system without too much hassle. The tank was in the $225.00 USD range and the shrouds were $35 USD. WR Dave.

• sjwr450

Posted March 12, 2007 - 10:39 AM

It should be noted that the YZ seat is wider at the front ( I have both). So if you look close at the pictures, the seat is a little narrow for the tank.

• Randy Nilles

Posted March 31, 2007 - 07:00 AM

So if one bought a YZ seat it would be a perfect fit?

• SXP

Posted March 31, 2007 - 11:11 AM

So if one bought a YZ seat it would be a perfect fit?

The seat pan of a YZ seat is different from the WR - it won't bolt up. The mounting tangs under the seat are different.

• WR_Dave

Posted March 31, 2007 - 12:27 PM

I didn't have any trouble with the stock seat (no shims) fitting to the new tank:confused: WR Dave.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• bigdubdeisel04

Posted April 01, 2007 - 06:35 PM

I didn't have any trouble with the stock seat (no shims) fitting to the new tank:confused: WR Dave.

Posted Image

Posted Image

dave, where did you get those accordian things on the forks?
are they off of an XR or something?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.